Fabulous Freelancer Foodie Recipe: Chicken Kabobs with Pineapple
Try this flavor-packed chicken kabobs with pineapple recipe if you’re looking for a delicious addition to a salad, rice, or even a soup!
Note: this recipe is an adaptation of one by Julie Evink of Eats and Treats. Ingredient amounts can be adjusted and substituted as necessary, according to taste.
- 1 lb of chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
- 1 pineapple
- ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 red onion
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup of water
- Grilling spray
- Cut the chicken breasts into pieces that are about 2 inches each.
- Place the brown sugar, black pepper, ground ginger, water, and extra-virgin olive oil in a medium-sized bowl, whisking until combined.
- Toss the chicken pieces in the mixture until each piece is well-coated.
- Allow the chicken to sit in the refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours, allowing it to marinate.
- With the pineapple thoroughly peeled, cut it into cubes that are about 2 inches each.
- Cut the red onion into slices that are about 1 inch long, and 1 inch wide.
- Put the onion, pineapple, and chicken pieces in alternating patters on wood (coated with water) or metal skewers.
- Spray the grill with preferred grilling spray in accordance with the grill’s respective directions.
- Put the skewers on the grill, then adjust the heat to medium-high.
- Cook the skewers for 10 to 15 minutes, rotating regularly, until chicken is fully cooked.