- 2lbs of sweet snails.
- 1 ginger ( cut into fine julienned).
- 3 lemongrass (cut into 3 inches and crushed).
- Ginger plant's leaves (cut into 2 parts-optional).
- For dipping sauce: sugar, fish sauce, lemongrass, ginger and chilli.
- Soak snail with cool water, add chilli for at least 3 hours just help release the sand inside. Change water 2, 3 times. Rinse well and set aside.
- Prepare the work with cool water and heat over high heat.
- When the water is boilling, steam the sweet snails with 1 teaspoon of salt, lemongrass, ginger and ginger plant's leaves for about 15 minutes.
- Prepare the dipping sauce: Combine 20mls of boiled cool water with 3 teaspoons of sugar, 2 tablespoons of fish sauce. Then add more lemongrass (very thinly sliced), ginger (crushed) and chilli (optional). Mix well until the sugar is dissolved.
- Serve warm with dipping sauce.
And done, hope you enjoy!