- 400 grams of pork side.
- 300 grams of daikon (cut into pieces).
- Green onion ( chopped).
- 15 grams of sugar for caramel.
- 2 teaspoons of pork stock powder.
- 3 tablespoons of fish sauce.
- Cooking oil.
- Bring 2 cups of water, boiling on high, when the water is boiling, add the pork for about 2 minutes just clean it. Drain and rinse the pork until the water is clear. Then cut it into large pieces.
- Mix well the pork with pork stock powder for about 10 minutes.
- Heat cooking oil in the frying-pan over medium high heat, add the pork and fry on the both side until golden. Then set aside.
- Make the caramel: add sugar to the saucepan over medium heat, stir the sugar so it heats evenly, when it gets darker than caramel and just starts to smoke. Add 1/2 cups of water to the sugar to halt the cooking process and stir until the sugar dissolves. You are done. Then put the pork into, stir-fry well for a minute, add 1 cup of water. Simmer for about 30 minutes or until the sauce is thickens a little (stiriing occasionally). About 15 minutes before the dish is done, add the daikon and continue to simmer.
- Final step is add fish sauce and continue to cook for a minute.
- Sprinkle green onion on top, serve warm with cooked rice.
And done, hope you enjoy!