This is probably the easiest take-along lunch I have ever made. Packed with veggies, flavorful herbs, gluten-free rice vermicelli and lots of chili paste. So much better than getting one of the mayo-soaked lunch salads or sandwiches at work.
No more excuses. I am sure you all have a access to hot water at work. If not a kettle is super cheap, so add one to your office kitchen so you can start enjoying easy, healthy lunch as these. You can add your favorite veggies and herbs just make sure to finely chop or slice.
Let your creativity rule and enjoy this lovely and super easy lunch.
5-minute Take-Along Spicy Southeast Asian Pho 🌶️🌶️🌶️
Ingredients (makes 2 jars)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped spring onion
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup finely sliced bell pepper
- 1 cup fresh spinach, shredded
- 1 cup bok choy, shredded
- 1-2 tbsp fresh grated ginger (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro (or other fresh herbs if you don't like cilantro... think Thai basil or parsley)
- 1 lime quartered
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 oz vermicelli rice noodles
- Black pepper and sea salt to taste
FYI: For spicy variation add chili paste or chopped Thai chili to taste. CLICK HERE to learn how to make your own chili paste.
- Preparation for this easy take-along lunch can start as early as 48 hours in advance. Add the rice vermicelli to the bottom of the jar. If making at home you can use a soup bowl too.
- Combine all veggies, spices, and herbs (except lime parts). Toss to combine and divide over the jars or bowls, layering them on top of the vermicelli. Add lime wedges on top. Close the lid if not eating straight away.
- At lunchtime, boil a pot of water either using your office/home microwave or kettle. Remove the lime from your jar before pouring the water in. Make sure the water covers everything. Using a fork, spoon or chopsticks, stir the soup and close the lid.
- Let sit for a few minutes. Then squeeze the lime over top. Not a fan of the citrus kick, add lime wedges to the veggies mix instead of squeezing the juice in the soup.
ALL CONTENT IS MINE AND ORIGINAL!
PICTURE(s) TAKEN WITH NIKON D5600