In this post I will show you how to mine ethereum using the CPU of your linux computer using a software called ethminer.
- We are using Ubuntu server version 16. (64 bits)
- A processor with AES support will mine more ethereum.
- We are using the MINERGATE minig pool
- Minergate will charge you a small percentage of your mining profits, something like 1.5%
First, you will need to create an account at MINERGATE
Use the following commands to install the ethminer software on your linux computer.
# apt-get update # apt-get install software-properties-common # add-apt-repository ppa:ethereum/ethereum # apt-get update # apt-get install ethminer
In order to start mining ethereum, use the following command:
# ethminer -C -F http://eth.pool.minergate.com:55751/[email protected] --disable-submit-hashrate
- You need to change the username [email protected] from the command above to the username that you created on the minergate website.
In our YOUTUBE channel, we offer a video showing you the step by step procedure.