Interview with Gladius CEO - Decentralized Anti DDoS Network
I wrote about Gladius some time ago here and got loads of questions about this ICO. So i went to Telegram, found their CEO and dropped him questions that will possibly make it clearer how this is going to work and how you can profit just from running their app. Lets test me doing a short to-the-point interview.
1. We already know the idea but try to put them in most simple words yet with little bit of technical explanation. We understand the problem of Ddos and CDN just explain how this will work from side of buyer and seller.
From the buyer side you will go to the Gladius client web app and from there you can purchase pool services using Gladius tokens. Once they have done that they will need to change their domain's DNS records to point to the pool's name servers.
On the seller side, the configuration will be a little more challenging, and it will require tokens to list in the marketplace to prove interest
2. So a person will be installing an app, they will choose how much bandwidth to sell and keep it running in the background? Will the rates per 1k/b will be fixed or companies will bid to get best and fastest resources?
Will the app be also wallet or person will need to understand how ETH ecosystem work ?
The node will be payed depending on what pool they are a part of, and rates are set by that pool. The app will be two parts, a service that works as the node, and a web interface that works with metamask or some other injected web3.
3. How can you be sure theres enough people with enough speed in crucial places? Will you also share some of your servers for it at least initially ?
To begin we will run VPSs to create a functional network, and likely create bonuses for people in geographically desirable areas.
4. How decentralized will thesystem be, what if Gladius website/system goes down ? Will ETH contract be smart enough to keep running the network ?
The application could be run offline in true dapp fashion, we're just serving it.
5. Who does your code audit? With latest hacks in in Parity it seems crucial to have code verified properly.
We have had SmartDEC and Hosho both audit our contracts
6. Do you think in future you may move to another smart-contract system like EOS, QTUM or maybe create own fork just with options Gladius needs?
We have no plans in the works to do that
7. Do you already have clients who may be interested or you will be looking for them after ICO ending. Or maybe you tested it on somebody already ?
We have three partners/clients already, and will continue to search after the ICO
More info - https://gladius.io/
How do You guys like the form of interviews? I dont do them often, last one was with @blocktrades can be found somewhere on Steem and here - http://fuk.io/exclusive-interview-with-dan-notestein-of-blocktrades/
Let me know in comments if you would like more of those!
Follow, Resteem and VOTE UP @kingscrown creator of http://fuk.io blog for 0day cryptocurrency news and tips!