(Blockchain Weekly Recap)
- US Presidential Candidate Tulsi Gabbard Bought Crypto at Height of Bull Market
- Korea FinTech Industry Association Network Alliance: Walton Blockchain Institute and K-FiNNeT Co-established Blockchain Talent Cultivation Education Course To Train 150k Developers In 3 Years.
- Japan: Seven Cryptocurrency Exchanges Could Receive FSA-Issued Licenses in Two Months
- New regulation of RBI (Reserve Bank of India) threatens to close accounts of users if involved in crypto transactions
- A law firm in Canada wants to be the first “All-Crypto Legal Firm”.
- IBM Unveils World's First Integrated Quantum Computing System for Commercial Use.
- Rinkeby Ethereum testnet successfully forked over to Constantinople! All signers, bootnodes, faucet online and working well. Clean split between new and non-upgraded nodes.
- Constantinople Hardfork will most likely activate on Wednesday, January 16, 2019. A countdown timer can be seen at https://amberdata.io/blocks/7080000. You can monitor the network upgrade in real time at http://forkmon.ethdevops.io/.
- What is 'The Thirdening'? (Ethereum's Constantinople Update). EIP 1234, aka "The Thirdening", will reduce the block reward size for Ethereum Miners from a 3 ETH reward per block solved to 2 ETH. This reduction in new ETH tokens created will lower the overall Ethereum inflation rate.
- Tweet storm by Afri - a thread why we should not worry about the Constantinople node upgrade progress. (Bonus: ... and why it's not 16%.)
- Ethereum Constantinople Upgrade Announcement by Ethereum Foundation,
- The Constantinople Upgrade: What You Need to Know by ConsenSys
- Constantinople - the winding up of Metropolis phase
- The Ethereum Foundation announced a scalability, usability and security grant of five million dollars (USD) to Parity Technologies.
- Notes Ethereum Core Devs Meeting 52 (Friday 4 January 2019 at 14:00 UTC)
Other blockchain News
- First 51% attack of 2019 took place on Ethereum Classic (ETC). On 1/5/2019, Coinbase detected a deep chain reorganization of the Ethereum Classic blockchain. ETC is under 51% attack. Post Mortem Meeting — Ethereum Classic (ETC) — January 2019 Reorg Attacks. Gate.io Got Back 100k USD Value Of ETC From The ETC 51% Attacker.
- RippleNet Surpasses 200 Customers Worldwide
- POST SPONSORSHIP REPORT: LITECOIN + UFC 232
- Bitcoin Mining Chip Maker Canaan Considers U.S. IPO
- IOHKreleased a new version of the treasury paper. Updates includes a more in-depth list of preliminaries, more in-depth proofs security and an analysis of consensus in treasury systems.
- Pruning Historical Chain Segments. Ethereum 1.0 has a storage scaling issue, specifically, Ethereum's current incarnation has unbounded disk growth. The argument that Ethereum 2.0's sharding + Moore's Law will net us enough time to fix these is based on the assumption that a production ready Ethereum 2.0 arrives before Ethereum 1.0 grinds to a halt, which seems a reckless position to take.
- Ikmyeong Na's decision to hardfork Ethereum for ProgPoW implementation and why. Developers finally actively discussing and testing ProgPow on reddit
- Deployment Automation for Goerli testnet in 10 minutes
- Serenity (Ethereum 2.0)
- What's New in Eth2 - 11 January 2019. RANDAO is now a hash-chain.
- The Network Validator Model. Created by: Tanner Hoban
- Discussion about storage rent “eviction archive” nodes and incentives
- Validator Economics of Ethereum 2.0 — Part One
- EIP / ERC
- List of proposals so far to be ASIC resistant
- EIP1681: Temporal Replay Protection. This EIP proposes adding a 'temporal' replay protection to transactions, in the form of a
- List of proposals so far to be ASIC resistant
New Projects and Protocols
- 1–800-Ethereum: Gas Stations Network for Toll Free Transactions.
- Moon Raffle: grab your chance to win the world's largest verifiable ethereum jackpot. Reddit
- Codefund2.0 - sustainability for open source project advertising without 3rd party trackers
- VIBE: The World's First VR / AR Marketplace & Hub On The Blockchain. VIBE or DIE is live.
Project and Protocol updates
- Understanding Rust Lifetimes
- Status Desktop is Officially in Alpha - Introducing v0.9.0
- Introducing the 0x Market Maker Program
- Messaging for Web 3.0: Building an Anonymous Messaging Protocol
- Overcoming ShapeShift’s Crypto Winter
- POA Network: Honey Badger BFT and Threshold Cryptographyand the Path Ahead, laid off 37 employees.
- Decentralized Platform Qtum Introduces Bitcoin Atomic Swaps to Its Mainnet
- zeppelinos/zos v2.1.0 released. you can now use ZeppelinOS with contracts built using Solidity 0.5.x.
- Everything Enterprises Need to Know About Amazon’s Blockchain as a Service
Amazon partnering with Kaleido to offer blockchain as a service.
Out of the league
Hiring and Bounty
Print, Video, Podcast & Interviews
- Joseph Lubin, Consensys – The Distributed Incubator which Jumpstarted the Ethereum Ecosystem on Epicenter.
- AMA with Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss, co-founders of Gemini.
Blockchain good reads
- Why Ether is Valuable by Anthony Sassano
- Welcome to the Fourth Industrial Revolution — 19 Blockchain Predictions for 2019
- ETHlargement - The Hashrate Hardener
EtherWorld's collection of Good Read on Blockchain & CryptocurrencyWallets, Exchange, Trading & Mining
- MEWconnect for Android: Official GooglePlay Release - the ‘hardware wallet’ without all the hardware — is now available for Android smartphones on GooglePlay!
- Bitcoin Cash Token Wallets Have Arrived! 1 CENT Average Transaction Fees 😱& More Bitcoin Cash News
- New Ledger Nano X Released! - Next Generation Hardware Wallet.
- ALERT !!! Fake ElectrumWallet website with exe's hosted on @github - exe contacts a RU host e-xodus[dot]com
- Bittrex Exchange has completed the Ethereum (ETH) Constantinople hard fork upgrade scheduled for block 7,080,000.
- January 10 - February 7, 2018: 0x and Coinlist virtual hackathon
- January 16, 2019: Constantinople hard fork at block 7080000
- January 16-18, 2019: The North American Bitcoin Conference Miami, Florida.
- January 22, 2019: Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA) at World Economic Forum, Davos.
- January 29-30, 2019: AraCon — The Aragon Conference
- February 7-8, 2019: M1 Asset Management 3.0 , Zug.
- February 16-17, 2019: NEO DevCon 2019, Seattle
- February 15-17, 2019: ETH Denver.
- March 4, 2019: Ethereum Magicians (Paris)
- March 5-7, 2019: Ethereum Community Conference (EthCC) 2019
- March 8-10, 2019: ETHParis (ETHGlobal)
- March 27, 2019: Infura Legacy keys Support will officially stop.
- April 19-21, 2019: ETHCapetown, Cape Town, South Africa.
- April 23-24, 2019: Blockchain Revolution Global at Toronto
- May 10-11, 2019: ETHEREAL, NEW YORK
- May 13-15, 2019: Consensus by Coindesk. Register here.
Read previous weeks EtherWorld's Weekly.
This newsletter is an effort to bring updates of blockchain world. Your support by Like, Share and Donation are much appreciated. Thank you!
Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice and should NOT be viewed as project endorsement by EtherWorld. Readers are suggested to do their research before investing into any project.Follow us at Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Medium and Steemit.