We are pleased to announce iOS release of eSteem mobile. This release has some major changes as well as number of bug fixes, performance improvements. If you have reported any issue, please review them and let us know if you still have them.
Thanks to @antidorsessions for helping out with Android 7.0 testing, in our last release we have found that Android 4.4.2 users were also effected by unsupported type error caused by Android OS using outdated library. We have just now pushed minor update to Android users as well that fixes the bug and have some improvements.
Did you know? If you don't use Google PlayStore, You can download APK directly from our github
For full details of the changelog and new changes, please read below.
For those who find eSteem related post first time and don't know what eSteem is: It is mobile and desktop application for Steem! eSteem is offering some of the unique features (Bookmarking, Post Drafts, Image upload/capture, Personal Gallery, Notifications, many more) for mobile users! Evolution of eSteem desktop app is under development.
eSteem supports multi-currency where you can see post rewards in any currency you like (BTC, USD, EUR, RUB, GBP, JPY, KRW, INR, CNY etc.), multi-language (35+) where you can use app in any language you are familiar with, multi-account where you can add more than one account and easily change between accounts, multi-chain where you can use both Steem and Golos chains, multi-notifications where you can get notification for your multiple accounts for following activities Vote, Follow, Unfollow, Mention, Comment, Reblog, Scheduled post publish, etc!
Check out this blog @good-karma for more related posts and latest announcements.
- Schedule posts - you can now schedule posts through eSteem. This feature requires permission of posting on your behalf by adding esteemapp account into your posting authority. To allow permission you should be logged in with your main password or have posting and active private key during advanced login. This feature is only available for Steem users (not Golos). You can move scheduled post it to draft then reedit or reschedule or remove scheduled posts from Schedules page from left side menu.
- Push Notification when scheduled post has been published.
- Android permission fix - when you download images from posts some Android devices didn't get proper permission, that issue is now fixed.
- Mute and Unmute feature - initial features implemented, expect more improvements with future releases.
- Bandwidth saver - you can find this feature on Settings page, which gives you control over your internet usage. You can choose to download images or disable them by default. This way you can tap on image placer to download individual images if you want.
- Nsfw filter improved - dark overlay replaced with image now all images are replaced with placeholder when you disable nsfw content. Expect more improvements to handle nsfw text filter in future releases.
- Beneficiary reward changed from 1 to 5% after initial 30 days period.
- Finnish language added
- Thai language added
- Urdu Pakistani language added
- Bosnian language added
- Korean language added
- Hindi language added
- Header buttons spacing adjusted
- Fixed night mode coloring on some pages
- Fixed youtube embedding and sizing issues
- Error message handled better
- Comment fetching fixed
- Voting, unvoting fixed
- Facebook and other image link markdown fixed
- Various bugs and performance improvements
|AppStore - iOS (iPhone, iPad) - v1.4.5||Google Play - Android - v1.4.5|
Work on next version has started, exciting new changes are planned for v1.4.6... Stay tuned!
If you have suggestions or found a bug, please report them here with comments or on Github and we will work on them as soon as we can.