franceos is a group of French crypto-economic players who are candidates for block production on the decentralized EOS network.
- BitConseil is a consulting and professional training organization specialized in the cryptocurrencies sector and making its expertise available to the community through analysis and opinion publications.
- ADAPP is an IT company with expertise in distributed ledger technology and providing secure, reliable and fully managed scalable blockchain infrastructure solutions.
- Journalducoin is the first media of the French-speaking community dealing with all the news of cryptocurrencies, tokens and other blockchain solutions.
- Our right of private ownership ;
- Our right to contract on the basis of free consent ;
- Our right of free enterprise.
- Operating : As a block producer, we are committed to developing a robust and secure infrastructure to ensure operation of the EOS network, drawing on the experience of our members.
- Developing : development of tools and interfaces for EOS network users. Creation of decentralized applications and oracles.
- Growing the community : Through our media activities, we will offer resources to Francophone community of EOS. We will also organize events dedicated to EOS and its applications.
- Our name on the testnet : nakedmolerat
- Public key : EOS8Uxtp4T1B5evXXohxx6h1yEH61pLC6bqQKLHdxZKkYPjkNWEUi
- Telegram : https://t.me/franceos
Nazim Morera - Chief Executive Officer
Born from Digital Marketing serving major groups in the real estate and banking sector, Nazim Morera is involved in 2013 in the Bitcoin / blockchains ecosystem. Co-founder of BitConseil, expert in digital, marketing and distributed ledger protocols, Nazim Morera assists companies in their blockchain transformation and fundraising projects via blockchain assets.
Adrien Bensaïbi - Chief Technical Officer
Founder of ADAPP. Node operator since 2015 for various blockchains. Expert in scalability and web availability issues. He is interested in EOS in production. developer C++ , Rust and Linux. Active member of the Cercle du Coin, organizer of the BitcoinTalksLille meetup.
Morgan Phuc Calmejane - IT Director
Born from a university degree (mathematics and physics), he co-founded BitConseil.fr in 2014. Editor-in-chief of this analytical site and associate editor-in-chief of Journalducoin.com. He is also a trainer in distributed ledgers and crypto-economics at BitConseil's training centre.
Lucas Ermisse - Chief Operating Officer
A lawyer by training, and convinced by the emancipatory potential of Bitcoin and crypto-currencies, he launched Journalducoin.com alongside Romain Didierlaurent in June 2017. He has since taken on the role of editor-in-chief and leads a team of journalists on a daily basis to cover all crypto-active news.
Robin Calmejane - Lead Developer
Trained since 2005 in web development and webdesign, he discovered Bitcoin in 2014 and found a passion for blockchain systems, smart contracts and other decentralized applications (dapps). Co-founder of BitConseil, he firmly believes in the economic-political innovation of these protocols.
Adrien Jund - Lead Developer
R&D project manager and C/C++ developer in the field of RFID security. Active contributor in open source and maintainer of the Dokany project https://github.com/dokan-dev/dokany, reference like the FUSE for Windows. Crypto-enthusiast, he is involved about the technical and security aspects of the EOS project and its actual applications.
Benoit Huguet - Chief Investment officer
After meeting Bitcoin in Argentina in November 2012, he co-founded BitConseil on his return to France. Very involved in the French-speaking associative fabric, he became administrator of the French-speaking association the Cercle du Coin in 2015 and co-responsible for the historical Bitcoin meet-up in Toulouse. Author, he is also an investor and manages Bitconseil's training department.
Romain Didierlaurent - Chief Marketing Officer
Having discovered Bitcoin in 2015 after a long night of insomnia, he creates Journalducoin.com in June 2017 after having made an observation: French-speaking environment is developed but it still lacks a media of reference. Very involved in sharing with the French-speaking crypto community, he presents JTduCoin every week on YouTube.
Sami Benyakoub - Community manager
A former medical student, but also a much passionate crypto-enthusiast. Spending most of his time studying projects, ranging from the shadiest to the most notorious ones and browsing blockchain-related newsfeeds in different languages. Working as an editor and translator at Journal Du Coin, he also is definitely into communication and marketing. He finds out about the EOS Project back in summer 2017, et decides to commit hisself getting the technology known among the french community.
Why vote for Franceos ?
The members of franceos team, mainly from the Bitconseil.fr and Journalducoin teams, are established in a sustainable way in French crypto-economic ecosystem. In addition to our daily involvement in the sector, through BitConseil since 2014 and Journal du Coin since 2017, our existing structures allow us to reach French-speaking EOS users in particular. Communication will be regular and we will rely on the experience gained at Journalducoin.com to be seamlessly responsive to EOS announcements and developments. Beginners will benefit from constant support, an activity that has been close to Bitconseil.fr's heart since its inception and we will make many resources available to users to understand EOS or develop decentralized applications.
Node infrastructure : technical description
The servers are hosted by OVH and located near Paris, PCI-DSS accessibility level. They are monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To start, our servers have the following specifications :
# Servers :
BP Server :
- CPU: Intel Xeon 28 Core / 56 threads
- RAM: 384GB of RAM DDR4 ECC 2133 MHz
- DISK: 4To SSD for IPFS
- Bandwith: 1 Gbps
- CPU: Intel Xeon 28 Core / 56 threads
- RAM: 256GB of RAM DDR4 ECC 2133 MHz
- DISK: 4To SSD for IPFS
- Bandwith: 1 Gbps
- Roubaix, France OVH
- Backup in London, England OVH
# Networking :
- ECMP LoadBalancing
- AntiDDOS FPGA
# Availability strategy :
- Backup Domain
- Multiple IPs and Failover IPs to plan BP upgrade
- Failover IP
- Multi DC backup
- Hosting on multiple datacenters
franceos scaling plan :
Phase 1 :
- Determination of the best sizing for BP
- Migration to other options in case of bottlenecks
- CPU: 36 core and 72 threads
- RAM: 512Go+
- DISK: 8To and NVMe for host
- Dedicated storage node
Phase 2 :
- Working on C++ development
- Benchmarking with dedicated lab
- Dedicated hardware selection
Phase 3 :
- Userland networking using Intel's DPDK, for low latency and high-throughput
- Upgrade to specialized NICs
Franceos will have several areas of focus :
- Monitoring, reporting the EOS blockchain. Creating and deploying DApps on the network. Build oracles for the network.
- Providing resources to the community via social media accounts and the platforms of the founding members of Franceos (BitConseil.fr and journalducoin.com) Organizing meetups with the french EOS community.
- Companies BitConseil and ADAPP will organize meetings in cities of Toulouse, Paris and Lille. Volunteers wishing to host meetings, conferences or various events dedicated to EOS are welcome.
Voting and dividends :franceos team is committed to respecting EOS constitution. franceos considers any form of plutocracy ("vote buying") or collusion between block producers as harmful to the network and the community as a whole, and will never engage in this type of activity. franceos defends a vision that promotes general interest and is based on the following pillars :
- Knowledge sharing
- Integrity and resilience
- User-friendly and secure interfaces ;
- Value-added and censorship-resistant decentralized applications ;
- Quality financial services ;
- Projects oriented towards financial inclusion.
Franceos undertakes to communicate regularly on its budget and on the allocation of dividends resulting from production of blocks, in a totally transparent manner.