EOS Rio Endorses the Alliance
August 17 at 2300 UTC the EOS Alliance was launched. “Empower EOS For All” – that’s their mission. A mission quite similar to ours, if we may add. :)
But what is the EOS Alliance?
The EOS Alliance is a non-profit organization that aims to hear the EOS community and be a voice for them, coordinating communications on various efforts that affects token holders, Block Producers, developers and all EOS stakeholders.
You can read more about the Alliance at their website https://eosalliance.io/
You can also read the official release here
Who is behind the Alliance?
Its board is currently composed of 7 members, the board will facilitate conversations and be adversely designed from gaining any power in EOS governance beyond that of making recommendations.
- Brock Pierce, Chairman of the Bitcoin Foundation and former Block.one strategic advisor
- Galia Benartzi, Co-founder of Bancor and LiquidEOS
- Nix Nolledo, Philippine Technology Entrepreneur, founder of Blockchain Startup ODX
- AKON, multi-platinum music artist and blockchain enthusiast and philanthropist
- Peter Li, founder of EOS Gravity, a community leader, and Block Producer
- HaiFeng Lu, of EOS Store, an EOS Block Producer
- Lightning Clearwater III, the Alliance’s General Counsel and interim board member.
Also, two observer seats have been established for representatives to be selected by the paid Block Producers via a mechanism to be decided by them.
Other staff includes:
- Interim Executive Director Thomas Cox, former Block.one VP of Product
- Deputy Executive Director Myra Wang, former influential Chinese community EOS Gravity
- Communications Director Kevin Wilcox, co-founder of EOS Go
We surely see the EOS Alliance as a mean to bridge the gaps in communication, helping to provide the unison, clarity, and consensus that are much needed for us moving forward as a community.
The Alliance is already helping with several issues, by forming working groups to inform and advise on the ecosystem’s most challenging topics, such as the Dispute Resolution & Arbitration working group.
We would like to wish these team of capable, proactive volunteers the best of luck in this journey to securing eos mass adoption.