EOS - Road to a Governed Blockchain: Telegram chat data as of June 24, 2018
The EOS Community did not take the backlash for granted, and a lot of heated debates are being raised in the EOSIO Governance Telegram group.
Philipp von Foltz, Perikles hält die Leichenrede (1852)
This article is inspired by this tweet from Luke Stokes of EOSDac:
I blink and there's another 1,000+ messages in the EOSIO Gov Telegram channel. If people cared this much about physical governments, I'd almost think we could turn them into something more voluntary. The sticking point is always that monopoly on violence though...Luke Stokes (@lukestokes) June 23, 2018
We pulled out some interesting stats of the group chat from Combot as EOSGov is integrated with it.
Interpreting the Graphs - Numbers Never Lie
During the last couple of days, as controversies around ECAF, the Constitution and Exchanges voting fuelled an exponential rise to the traffic of the Telegram group.
1. Within the last 2 weeks, each day, there are around 75-125 users who post at least 1 message.
2. Here we can observe the chat activity has been increasing exponentially from the beginning of June.
3. It's astounding how the EOS community is responding and digesting all the criticism (whether it's constructive or toxic) coming from the outer world. Heated debates caused over 20,000 messages to be sent in less than a month (June)
4. As of June 24, "EOSIO Gov" is ranked at #14 globally (daily activity)
5. When it comes to the smaller English community on Telegram, "EOSIO Gov" is ranked at #3 globally (daily activity)
Congratulations to the top 10 most active users. We can see some familiar faces who are involved in different EOS related projects.
The rankings are based on those chats that have Combot integrated.
All charts are generated by Combot: https://combot.org/c/-1001361438666?start=01%2F03%2F2018&end=24%2F06%2F2018
Fun fact: G20 2017 was joined by around 38 human beings to discuss topics around politics and economy for 2 days.
Comparing the data of EOSIO Gov with traditional political/economical engagement, we can observe how the Internet is able to unite so many people into one place: EOS, to discuss and participate in its governance on a 24/7 basis. This Telegram group is for the EOS token holders just like how the Parthenon was for Athens. This will only get better in the future, as many community members are coming up with some amazing ideas about how to build scalable decentralized chat/forums that will be run on-chain.
EOS42 is currently a Top 21 Block Producer for the EOSIO Mainnet based in London, UK with the producer account name "eos42freedom"