How-To: Make sure to register your EOS address, get those free airdrops and forks!
A lot of my friends that have been getting into EOS lately weren't aware that holding their tokens on an exchange that supports the token swap will only receive the genesis coins. Large exchanges like Binance and Kraken have confirmed they will be supporting the main net and handling the token swap for their users to the genesis coins. This is fine and all, but who knows which net will be the main net and what about all those sweet fork coins!
Here's a quick guide on how to register your EOS address via the Exodus wallet.
- Head over to https://www.exodus.io/releases/
- Download the client for whatever OS you are using and complete the setup
- Send ETH to your Exodus ETH address to cover the TX fee ( I sent .0065 ETH)
- Then follow the GIF instructions below
- After you click "Register Now" and the TX finished, in that same box Exodus will show "You have already registered your EOS address"
That's it, your all done! Sorry for waiting so long to write this, but as the hype builds for EOS the more times I saw this question popping up.
If you found this helpful or liked it, please upvote, follow and resteem!