Practice English everyday #7
Today's topic: Second conditional
Are the sentences below correct? If not, can you correct them?
- If I won a lottery I will buy a house.
- If I would have time I would finish this project.
- If she wanted to see him, she would.
- If they weren’t so stubborn they would listen to me.
- If she tries she would succeed.
Choose the correct sentence:
- If I was an animal I would be a cat. or If I was an animal I will be a cat.
- She would do it if she can. or She would do it if she could.
- If I would have a choice I wouldn’t do it. or If I had a choice I wouldn’t do it.
- If I find a wallet on the street, I would took it to the police station. or If I found a wallet on the street I would take it to the police station.
- If I could read Chinese, I would help you. or If I could read Chinese I will help you.
And remember - practice makes perfect! :)
Here are the answers to yesterday's post:
- He has lost his key.
- She has left.
- I have finished the report.
- I have sent the parcel.
- I have told him about this.
- He is on holiday. He’s gone to England.
- I haven’t read that book yet.
- I have never eaten an octopus.
- They have lived here for 20 years.
- She has broken her leg and now she can’t walk.