Practice English everyday #6
Today's topic: Present Perfect
Answer the questions using Present Perfect and given verbs.
- He is looking for his key but he can’t find it. What happened? (lose)
- She was here 10min ago and now she’s gone. What happened? (leave)
- I started writing the report this morning. It is finished now. What happened? (write)
- I went to the post office to send a parcel. I came back home a while ago. What happened? (send)
- He didn’t know about this. Then he talked to me and now he knows. What happened? (tell)
Choose the correct sentence:
- He is on holiday. He’s gone to England. or He is on holiday. He went to England.
- I haven’t read that book yet. or I didn’t read that book yet.
- I have never eaten an octopus. or I didn’t eat an octopus in my life.
- They have lived here for 20 years. or They live here for 20 years.
- She has broken her leg and now she can’t walk. or She broke her leg and now she can’t walk.
And remember - practice makes perfect! :)
Here are the answers to yesterday's post:
- What were you doing when I called you?
- She fell asleep while she watching a movie.
- She was having dinner when he called.
- What were you doing when you saw them?
- We didn't know what to do.
- She loved him very much.
- I was watching a movie when someone knocked at the door.
- He went upstairs 10 minutes ago.
- Nobody understood her.