G10, Physics First Semester Test Time Allowed (45)minutes
Answer All Questions
- Fill in the blanks. (5 marks)
(1) The value of gravitational constant is ………. .m3kg-1s-2.
(2) A unit vector has the magnitude of ………. unit.
(3) Since displacement has both ………. and direction, displacement is a vector quantity.
(4) 1 N force acting horizontally on a body of mass 1 kg gives it an acceleration of ……… .
(5) The unit of work e temperature increase to 25 ℃ how much glycerine overflows? The
coefficient of volume expansion of glycerine is 5.1 x 10-4K-1 and that of heat resistance glass is
0.09 x 10-4K-1.
- A lift weighing 200lb is pulled up by a cable of tension 5000lbl Find the mass of the lift and its upward
acceleration. Which is more difficult to move a wooden box or a big stone? Why?
5.Is if correct to describe Newton’s second law in symbols as F α a?.
A 3 ton car moving with the velocity of 30 mi h-1 is brought to stop in 2 s. Find the resisting force of the
brakes acting on the car.