T-shirt designers can get into serious legal trouble if they use elements from games, movies, TV shows and games in their prints.
Copyright/trademarks legally prevent t-shirt manufacturers from using other people's works on their shirts for profit.
There seem to be 4 exemptions to copyright/trademark law:
• Personal Use
• The copyright owner has died
• The copied work was created before copyright law existed
• Fair Use
Quotes from copywritten/trademarked works are also off limits. These laws don't just apply to images and logos.
Articles on copyright law and t-shirt design:
ADD ME ON:
Must Have Software:
- Shopify (online stores) ►https://goo.gl/1CuQmC (14-day free trial)
- Wix (blogs) ► https://goo.gl/J73L4S (free)
- Merch Informer (Amazon Merch) ►https://goo.gl/CxRt42
- TubeBuddy (YouTube Optimiser) ► https://goo.gl/cg3HFG
- Teachable (online courses) ► https://goo.gl/ovyC1Y
- AWeber (emails) ► https://goo.gl/EQQjws (30-day free trial)
- ClickFunnels (sales pages) ► https://goo.gl/EvsmT4 (14-day free trial)
Other Must Haves:
- Recommended Reading ►https://www.amazon.com/shop/startstartingup
- The Equipment I Use To Shoot ►https://www.amazon.com/shop/startstartingup
- My Amazon Shirts ► https://www.amazon.com/shop/startstartingup