I had the opportunity to chat with Jeremy Kauffman who is the founder and CEO of the decentralized video hosting platform LBRY. But LBRY is much more than just that, it’s a secure, open, and community-run digital marketplace where you can enjoy the latest content from your favorite creators—as a user, not a product.
You can actually consume content that exists on a many different people’s computers with true peer to peer blockchain enabled video hosting.
These are the questions I asked him:
• Can you tell us a little bit about yourself? - 0:24
• How busy are you now / How does your day look? - 1:18
• Can you give us a brief introduction to LBRY? - 2:30
• What gave you the idea and when did you start it and or begin to discuss the idea? -5:31
• What are the next big updates for LBRY to release soon or that are in the works? - 7:36
• Where does LBRY fit in with other existing similar projects? - 12:25
• Do you see there being a big resistance point for people who don't want to download something? - 14:30 - Short answer: They just launched a website
• Where do you see LBRY project going in the next year? The next 5 years? - 17:43
• What is the current userbase size and how well is the project growing? - 20:37
• Will you or any of your team be attending any upcoming crypto or blockchain related events? 23:31
• Can you share with everyone where they can go to learn more about this? - 26:00
Let me know what you think about this in the comments below and don’t forget to subscribe!
Feel free to donate to me to help keep me going:
ETH: 0xE0d930a0aa8e57e037D749a868ade5682a34e88e or scottcbusiness.eth (from any eth wallet)
You can also now send BTC, LTC, and ETH to scottcunningham.zil via Moonlet, Counter, or Coinomi
If you support my work and haven't downloaded Brave browser yet, please use this link: https://brave.com/sco076