You are viewing a single comment's thread from:

RE: Why Are You Here?

in #discussion7 years ago

I started on here because of a mate who I feel has a little "something special" that most people don't seem to have, he put me onto Steemit. I first saw rewards (as everyone does) and thought... hmm that's interesting to get paid for writing! I quickly realised the amount of rewards I normally get is equal to working for around 20cents per hour. My workplace pays $32+ per hour. So yeah... money is definitely not my goal on here.

Honestly I'm just a bit lonely. I've got a few friends but none that talk about much of substance. It's usually football scores and how much alcohol they can drink on a Friday night... pretty boring. I get much more value out of spending time reading people's blogs and seeing how incredible people are from all over the world and how different we all are. Social media seems to be just ego driven photos and no substance.

I've recently picked up my game with my writing and actually genuinely enjoy it, such as why I ramble so long on comments lol. I also love the art challenges. I might put my art on Facebook and get 10 people enjoy it but on Steemit lots more get to enjoy it and I also get to enjoy others posts. None of my FB... errrm 'friends'... do art or ever talk about much that's interesting.... so here I am... Steemit for life :D Look forward to following you on your Steemit journey.

Sort:  

Thanks for reading!! It's so true that relationships here can have a depth that other social media sites don't have, and often times they even surpass the 'real' relationships in our lives. Despite some of the problems here, it's a great community.

I often get lonely too, being a stay at home wife and mom, and Steemit is a great relief from that! Thanks for reading this and following me!! I'm following you now too. :)

Coin Marketplace

STEEM 0.16
TRX 0.16
JST 0.030
BTC 57889.68
ETH 2457.18
USDT 1.00
SBD 2.40