You are viewing a single comment's thread from:

RE: If the liberals are right, and everything is getting WORSE

in #discussion7 years ago

Technology is for sure advancing length of life. But then again, that's part of the problem isn't it? Longer lives = more consumed resources and more produced waste. We need a good global cleansing to flush the gene pool's filter for us.

Sort:  

" We need a good global cleansing to flush the gene pool's filter for us."

Ok. You first. I'll be right behind you.

Srsly.

We could just remove warning labels. That would do the job just fine. Eliminate anyone from the gene pool who needs to be told not to stick their hand into the crushing jaws of a wood chipper.

Well, while I reckon anyone that actually needs the warning label on the woodchipper suffered a lack of supervision as a child, that doesn't really address the issue you raised.

It ain't just folks that're smart that deserve to live.

The only reason you think there's too many people, is that development is so poorly executed. With better management of resources, better designs for housing, better treatment of natural ecosystems, there's room for plenty more.

It's the stupidity of the people in charge that cause the poor who have no power to seem insuperable.

How 'bout we just start with the rich, and eat them first?

If we did that the poor would just take their wealth and use it to buy Chinese TVs and iPhones.

You may not realize how poor I am.

You may not know many poor people.

Kinda hard to say what someone who's been on the edge of starvation might do, if they weren't.

Have a look at my Steem wallet... lol. I live hand to mouth my friend. But... I hope for better days, and when they arrive I'd hate the think I'm by default some sort of villain for having succeeded.

Coin Marketplace

STEEM 0.17
TRX 0.16
JST 0.031
BTC 60327.71
ETH 2568.97
USDT 1.00
SBD 2.57