You are viewing a single comment's thread from:

RE: Is "Tribalism" Good, Bad or Indifferent? Is "Us vs. Them Our Strength or Our Downfall?

in #discussion6 years ago (edited)

Well right now @denmarkguy we are seeing tribalism in the US like it's never been in a long time. Maybe since the Civil War.

A lot of it is brought about by a President who has NO clue what it is to be a real Leader who can actually bring people together.

He is just Dividing our Nation right now.

He has actually been the impetus to spur this tribalism we are seeing right now. In one corner we have a group of people who would truly prefer the Jim Crow days in US as this was an era where their Race and Religion dominated all of Society. They want none of those "brown people" or none of those people with those funny looking towels on their head. In their opinion they make our Society much more worse.
They prefer blonde hair blue eyes

And in other corner well we have everybody else lol

P.S. I do realize I'm making a sweeping judgment call. Of course I know not all those people are Jim Crow supporters but the fact is many are.

Sort:  

I do agree that "separation" seems to be the "flavor of the year," at the moment. Our current President is not a politician, he's a businessman who's used to calling the shots and getting things his way. That might make him a good manager, but it makes him a dubious-- possibly even dangerous-- statesman. In a sense, he represents the "last gasp" of an older generation who still cling to "1950's values" and see that era as the American time of greatness.

Personally, that's not my vision of the world and the primary challenge becomes that the remainder of the world has gone in a different direction... and going backwards isn't going to recreate the past.

Coin Marketplace

STEEM 0.17
TRX 0.13
JST 0.027
BTC 60716.93
ETH 2594.61
USDT 1.00
SBD 2.55