You are viewing a single comment's thread from:

RE: The Claim that Antartica is Melting

in #discussion6 years ago

Great topic!! I have been trying to tell people for the past 20 years that there is no such thing as "global warming", or the implication that it is manmade rather. These damn global closet environmentalists(note that "mental" is what these people are) keep trying to make the case for it, yet anytime i ask one of them "what percentage of the warming is caused by mankind, and what percentage is natural occurance?" not one damned soul can give me an answer...any answer. They always come back with "does it really matter? it all hurts the environment" to which i reply yes it matters, because you are creating theory from an incomplete set of data. you must know how much greenhouse gasses are produced from all areas, not just man made. then i explain to them that on the earth at any given time there are usually at least 3 active volcanoes which are belching more greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere daily than all humanity combined puts into the atmosphere in a week. If you do not know what is occuring naturally how can you make the theory that mankind is to blame for increased tempuratures. that isn't even taking into account that the earth has a climate cycle of about 25k-32k years...we call it the ICE AGE, which is simply the low temp of the cycle, and now we are simply heading into the maximum of the range again... those idiots.

Sort:  

on the earth at any given time there are usually at least 3 active volcanoes

um...no.

there are a great many more.
at the present time there are 24 active volcanoes on land.

and who the hell knows how many underwater...the estimates ranges in the thousands..

If an estimate of 4,000 volcanoes per million square kilometers on the floor of the Pacific Ocean is extrapolated for all the oceans than there are more than a million submarine (underwater) volcanoes.

the reason one small part of Antarctica IS melting is because there are active volcanoes below it.

Scientists discover 91 volcanoes below Antarctic ice sheet

We All Nearly Missed The Largest Underwater Volcano Eruption Ever ...

LOL... which is why i said "at least" , i simply know there are always active volcanoes on this globe we call home, which is why i didn't say 1.... but for sure there are more than three, just wasn't sure of the number... i feel that sometimes it is a win with liberals if you can get them to realize one or two facts. i would hope that if i could do that effectively they would use their brain and connect the dots to the rest of them. i mean you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink...they'd call it water boarding.

Coin Marketplace

STEEM 0.19
TRX 0.16
JST 0.033
BTC 64071.08
ETH 2763.75
USDT 1.00
SBD 2.66