You are viewing a single comment's thread from:

RE: Is Steemit The Solution To Facebook Ripoff and Monopoly ?

in #discussion7 years ago

I think the premise that Steemit is built upon could. I think some of the systems in play very much would. However, Steemit in its current state could not.

It's got the like system like FB, but lacks the personality...and personalities! Only your close friends and family can provide (this is an arguable point and more anecdotal.) It also lacks the customization of the feed.

It has the follower system and retweet system of Twitter...that's weird, retweet is a recognized word, unlike Steemit! =D I'm not a user of that network so I'm not sure what it's missing.

Steemit could improve in those areas and develop a little character, or more options so we could add our own. Great topic and looking forward to some more replies.

Resteemed!

Sort:  

Good point @ jinmi17 I agree with some of your points - like feeds improvement and personalites. However note that steemit is still at its infancy and after the HFORK 20 update, we will see more members and personaities joining ...feel free to see my older posts for details. Keep steeming to more success.

Yes, I'm very aware that Steemit is still young. However, the content is very much the same. Same worthless videos that lack description as well as trolls and malicious entities. Now, there is even more incentive here. Nature of the beast that is the internet.

Here's your penny back. =D

Good point, however steemit will not be the same after the updates I explained in my older posts however let me know a better social media platform...do you get paid in for posting and commenting faceboot, reddit et al?

Depends on where your prerogatives lie. If it's making money, then no. Steemit certainly can provide for that. There are also other options to making money from writing however they lack the networking resources to accommodate.

If you simply want your words seen and heard, there are better venues that also offer some sort of incentive...if you play by their rules.

Time will tell if it will get better. I certainly think it will after some growing pains and notoriety. There will be one caveat however, and that's getting the money trickling back through.

Good point especially if you are a political animal, then FB , Twitter and Instagram are far better due to huge member base. However steemit is growing its members daily and it is still on its infancy..next year will see huge influx of people ie after the HFORK 20 and the price of steem will shoot to moon. Therefore , there is more earning opportunity for us here isnt it?

Yes, indeed the numbers are growing and the potential can be there too. However, how many are staying? I havn't myself been able to seek that figure out.

Like I said, I like the framework, it's just got a long way to go to compete but I will say this, getting and keeping members is half the battle.

Good point, some will leave of course however millions will join and those who left will regret it because they can not get any other better opportunity to earn abd grow their investments by posting, commenting and upvoting. Let me know a better option if you know one bud...FB, Reddit, Twitter, Insta????

There is no guarantee what number of people will come to Steemit. Moreover, there is little to keep folks here at Steemit. There is opportunity, sure, few pennies here and there. There has to be good content, well in some cases, some folks simply have a question or a video and it goes big.

Moving on from that, if that is the mentality, eventually no one is going to want to come just for the content they can get elsewhere. In turn no one is rewarding the content makers.

Reddit can be very rewarding monetarily, as well as the Toob. Twitter has been making people famous, and I have to imagine some money as well...even if the reasoning is...off. Facebook has propelled many businesses, just not the users.

Coin Marketplace

STEEM 0.18
TRX 0.14
JST 0.029
BTC 57979.07
ETH 3124.67
USDT 1.00
SBD 2.36