You are viewing a single comment's thread from:

RE: Citing sources - is it enough? The war against plagiarism continues

in #discussion7 years ago

I dont know 100% how cheetah or steam cleaners works, but this sounds like a rewsonable idea. Maybe someone could write an official sreemit paper on what is or isnt plagirism and how to avoid it.

I think there should be guidelines as well on how to proove its your own content. Ive seen several people just post a picture with no explanation of if its there's or not so you dont know whether or not to flag it.

Overall I think we need tp start off with a way of flagging the people who dont even link the original content and just copy and pasre then move on to the other offenders.

My feelings flag all plagerisers away. Its the only way they will learn.

Sort:  

Ive seen several people just post a picture with no explanation of if its there's or not so you dont know whether or not to flag it.

Yes, you're absolutely right! This is very annoying in photography posts.

We have a small piece about plagiarism in the Steemit FAQ, but I'm not sure how many people even visit it. I think it should be more prominent. Whenever there's someone suspected of plagiarism, I think they should be informed, so they can avoid this in the future. Heck, a bot like @cheetah could even write up a little post about plagiarism and correct sourcing (aswell as double-sided proof of ownership) and link to it in their comments. That way the comment stays small, but the information is there for the taking.

Coin Marketplace

STEEM 0.29
TRX 0.12
JST 0.034
BTC 63748.21
ETH 3314.18
USDT 1.00
SBD 3.90