You are viewing a single comment's thread from:

RE: Hello...my name is Everitt Mickey and

in #discussion7 years ago

Like for example, say there are people making noise late at night at the park across the street from my house. I have a right to quiet enjoyment of my property and they are violating it, so I have a couple of options, I can either go over there and tell them to fuck off on my own or I can call the civil servants I pay to come and deal with it. In anarchy I have to deal with it on my own and then it can go sideways real quick, it's not that I am scared of them hurting me, I am scared of me hurting them, and then I have all sorts of liability. In a state of anarchy then I also have to deal with killing all the folks who come to avenge their deaths, a hot mess. Much better for the cops to shoo them away.

Sort:  

Anarchy is for adults...

and who deals with the unruly teens?

in my day the parents were responsible for their children.
seemed to work out pretty well.

How am I going to know who their parents are? my experience is that kids who are assholes generally have parents who are assholes so then I would still have the same problem of liability if I did know who they were should I choose to confront them personally.

Adulting is hard.
if you need someone else to answer your questions on how to act...
welll...

I just call the cops and let them deal with it. Anarchy sounds like a Hobbesian nightmare to me. Though I doubt you could even get to an actual state of anarchy because dominant protection agencies always arise in practice. I don't consider them to be my rulers, I consider them my slaves.

your choice.
I would NEVER tell you what to think or do
cause I'm an anarchist.

Coin Marketplace

STEEM 0.17
TRX 0.15
JST 0.028
BTC 60270.61
ETH 2411.66
USDT 1.00
SBD 2.43