Topics to Write About?

in #discussion7 years ago

Hello Steemians!

I love to express my ideas and opinions on certain topics, but I can rarely do this, because I am 15 and none of my friends really care about my stance on GMOs or what my religious views are.

One recent example of this occurred in my AP Composition class after being given a prompt regarding certainty and doubt. After the writing period was over (And if you must know, the essay I wrote was absolutely terrible, as I had not been watching the time, nor did I really do any planning in my head before writing. I literally had an intro, a body paragraph, and half of another body paragraph, and no conclusion, it literally just ended in the middle of a sentence because the bell rang and, again, I had not been watching the time at all. It was a pretest, though, and we weren't supposed to score well since because this is what our progress will be based on later when we take a similar test at the end of the year.), I asked my friends what they thought and what they had written in their essays, and they told me the stance they took and why they did so, but the conversation died there. I tried bringing it up in another class with one of them, but they were quickly sidetracked by something else that came up in conversation.

So. If you happen to see this post, and are interested, I'd like you to suggest topics for me to write about. The topics I have in mind are the obvious controversial ones that directly affect our lives and almost everyone has a strong opinion about, such as religion, GMOs, vaccines, etc. but also things like, as I said, certainty and doubt, objective morality, and other things that don't directly affect our lives and aren't discussed as often. Please, don't hesitate to suggest more. And by no means am I the first to ever blog about or publicly discuss these topics online, but I think I would enjoy the experience myself. I'd love to get into some interesting comment chains on some controversial or thought-provoking topics with some of the other users here on Steemit.

Sort:  

I think that you should write about what you are passionate about. Put your ideas out there. There will always be individuals who disagree with you but there will also be individuals who agree and who think similar thoughts. Controversial topics are great as well because people like to argue them. They create conversation so you will get comments on your posts. As long as you are open to others criticizing your opinion and testing your ideas then controversy is the way to go. Good luck

Congratulations @chandler-m101! You have received a personal award!

1 Year on Steemit
Click on the badge to view your Board of Honor.

Do you like SteemitBoard's project? Then Vote for its witness and get one more award!

Congratulations @chandler-m101! You received a personal award!

Happy Birthday! - You are on the Steem blockchain for 2 years!

You can view your badges on your Steem Board and compare to others on the Steem Ranking

Vote for @Steemitboard as a witness to get one more award and increased upvotes!

Coin Marketplace

STEEM 0.17
TRX 0.13
JST 0.027
BTC 60675.01
ETH 2605.91
USDT 1.00
SBD 2.64