You are viewing a single comment's thread from:

RE: I'm beginning to have some serious doubts

in #discussion7 years ago

While their headline is complete click bait nonsense the story is not total BS.

They already have nationalized the airwaves as you can only broadcast in frequencies they have issued you a license for. When digital tv was becoming a thing they took spectrum back from television stations and re-auctioned new leases to it to wireless companies. Important note here is that Sprint and Verizon might own the towers but the Fed owns the frequencies.

"During World War I, the government nationalized railroads, telegraph lines and the Smith & Wesson Co. During World War II, it seized railroads, coal mines, Midwest trucking operators and many other companies including, briefly, retailer Montgomery Ward."

There have been many other times they have done it. Most recently in the mortgage industry with Freddie and Fannie.

I agree with you about the reliability of the source in general but the overall idea is not out of the realm of possibility. It has been reported on in a much more balanced way elsewhere. This link I think breaks down why it is a very real possibility being considered minus the hyperbole. It compares the possible network to the federalized highway system.

https://www.axios.com/trump-team-debates-nationalizing-5g-network-f1e92a49-60f2-4e3e-acd4-f3eb03d910ff.html

Sort:  

methinks they have no idea what 'nationalized' means.
hijacked word. They do that SO OFTEN.

Word abuse is unfortunately the norm in this day and age. How else could we wind up with a dictionary definition like this for the word literally:

1. in effect; in substance; very nearly; virtually:

Coin Marketplace

STEEM 0.16
TRX 0.13
JST 0.026
BTC 56989.27
ETH 2425.90
USDT 1.00
SBD 2.39