You are viewing a single comment's thread from:

RE: GMO corn that enables no-till planting.

in #discussion6 years ago

Again, what are you feeding the meat cultures in the vats?

What new waste streams are created?

When an industry is required to account for the cost of environmental externalities (like pollution) the value they add to the economy is reduced to less than zero. That means someone else pays those costs, usually people of lower economic status.

See “Environmental Accounting For Pollution in the United States Economy” by Muller, Mendelsohn, and Nordhaus.

“Nothing dies” is a questionable conclusion until the unintended consequences become evident.

Sort:  

Literary challenged are you?
all of your questions (I read them) were answered by the links that I gave you.

I overcame my illiteracy and read the promo pieces at the links offered.

After confirming the unsustainability of current food systems, the articles offered a glowing endorsement (without facts or data) of the new technology.

Journalists...what can you say?
with just a tiny bit more effort, in your great wisdom, you could use google to find papers more appropriate to your lofty intellect.

hint: the chicken is made from vegatable matter with hemo (something) added. Blood basicly...it adds 'sizzle', which is what we want in meat.

Before this conversation degrades to outright name calling, which is what happens when facts become scarce (ad hominem attack, one of the logical fallacies), I offer this bit of info.

Might you be referring to heme iron?

Watch this... https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-safety-of-heme-vs-non-heme-iron/

And this... http://www.synbiowatch.org/2017/08/bleeding-veggie-burger-has-no-basis-for-safety-according-to-fda/

Yes, I realize it’s a bleeding veggie burger. The point is the GMO additive.

yeah..sounds pretty bad.
I guess I'll have to continue eating real meat.
steak and chiken mostly.

Stay healthy so you continue to be here with your unique perspective on the happenings of the world.

Coin Marketplace

STEEM 0.19
TRX 0.16
JST 0.032
BTC 63955.44
ETH 2745.84
USDT 1.00
SBD 2.65