You are viewing a single comment's thread from:

RE: Another Day, Another Post - How I'm Handling The Current Price

in #discussion6 years ago

is content really important in a social media platform? i am not sure at all. i was never on facebook but i have seen enough posts there. i think the quality of content over there is very ordinary. i see better content over here but there is no one to read them.

any writer will wonder about that a lot.

the other relevant question that needs to be asked is monetization of content through ads far more effective?

when i read this post, my first impression is this:

we have tried our best to bring new users along. we have done enough or much more than we should have. right now, the ones who are holding a lot of stake must band together to retain collective value. the rest may do what they please.

there is a perception that keeps coming across on that i feel i must point out. it is not like the people who write good content will exit because they cannot make money. i dont think they are making much money anyway and i agree that it is relative. i think quality content creators will exit if they dont get people to read their stuff. those upvotes that we always obsess about dont have to result in money all the time. but as a community i would think we are obliged to help them get better. that comes with generating viewership and quality criticism.

if any community wants to be successful, i dont believe that it is by showing solidarity with people who have stake. they dont need it. money is unsustainable in the long run as a incentive.

right now, what is steemit's identity as a community? maybe that is still a work in progress and we have no idea at the moment?

Sort:  

It's decentralized at this time, which means we are starting to gather naturally into sub-communities. Eventually, the site will support that better. For now there are people who care more about quality and they are banding together.

In addition, there are contests, communities that are more about just gathering. I'm more into the social network side than other things.

I don't think that it is all about the content, it is also about investment, speculation and networking.

hmm, i see your point. steemit is a social networking platform. You have rightly pointed out that it is about money (investment and speculation) and finding alignments(networking). they play a far bigger role than content itself.

this puts things into perspective for new comers or even people who are at the bottom. when new people come into the platform they have limited ways too engage with other people. the relationships you are talking about takes a long time. so their only option is to focus on what they do and do it as well as they can. hence they produce content. that is the edge they have.

Coin Marketplace

STEEM 0.28
TRX 0.12
JST 0.032
BTC 65955.88
ETH 3055.54
USDT 1.00
SBD 3.69