If you are new to Blender and like to get started than you might like my Video Tutorial where I show how to create a nice looking STEEM Wallpaper in wireframe look.
The steps of the process are as follows:
- Import a STEEM image as a reference for the model
- Add a UV Sphere and reduce the segment and ring count to 12
- Switch to front view and align the edges of the sphere to the reference image.
- Move the camera until you found a view you like.
- Apply a first modifier "Wireframe"
- Apply a second modifier "Subdivision Surface"
- Add 3 light sources to the scene.
- Finally, once you are happy Render the scene and save the image.
I hope this tutorial was helpful to get you started with Blender.
All the best!