Dear Steem stakeholders and Steemit, Inc. team,
the project steem.craft applies for a "Test-Tier" delegation from Steemit, Inc. which would be used to test how players behave with rewards for Steem based Minecraft worlds on a small scale, to reward valuable feedback by its users and to claim new free accounts with resource credits.
The account which would receive the delegation (@skyroad.curation) will only use its votes to curate Minecraft worlds on Steem, comments to these worlds, feedback, and promotions for this project.
This project will not create any statistics, other posts or comments to use the delegated SP using votes for itself. In case not enough interactions with Minecraft worlds happen, steem.craft will rather not vote on unrelated posts and keep its voting power on 100%.
This application is created by @immanuel94.
What problem is the product / project solving?
- Players can enter, edit and play worlds on any Minecraft server which is using steem.craft.
- The players can't lose their world due to mistakes by server operators.
- Gather feedback from players around the world through comments, play and have fun with all worlds saved to Steem.
- An incentive for creating and curating beautiful and fun worlds.
- Easy monetization option for server operators using beneficiaries and referral shares on a monthly subscription.
Core Team Details
Currently, steem.craft is being led by @immanuel94.
Immanuel is maintaining @skyroad, a Minecraft server since 2010 and commercially since 2012, he is an active member on Steem with weekly Minecraft related contests. Immanuel develops steem.craft and has 5 years of experience with the creation of Skript based Minecraft server extensions like steem.craft. He has graduated with a EQF level 6. He is actively contributing on GitHub.
Flyerchen has been a member of the @skyroad team for several years now. Currently, he takes over the in-game moderation and other tasks. He is a trained wholesale merchant and has been working with cryptocurrencies since 2013. As an active team member, he contributes new ideas for steem.craft and is involved in the alpha and beta tests.
To ensure fast and ongoing development, the needed software is developed under the MIT license to allow others to help and even get rewarded for example through
merge-rewards.com here on Steem.
Minimum Viable Product
steem.craft already works and is available as an open source project on GitHub, read more about it here.
- steem.craft advertises Minecraft servers to get installed to get instant access to all steem.craft worlds.
- Server operators will get a further incentive by getting 5% of the rewards of their players (beneficiary).
- An easy onboarding process to Steem for players to start playing with steem.craft.
- Once the player has a Steem account, access to all steem.craft features are granted.
- Players can create all kinds of worlds, parkour, adventures, mini-games or creative worlds and tag them to be played by others.
- To ensure quality worlds are shown first, the proof of brain feature of Steem is used.
- Advertise steem.craft to server operators to get referral earnings using an easy to use, all-in-one solution.
- Create Steem accounts for players which are referred from server operators.
- Advertise special features to players to buy a monthly (fiat) subscription with referral share for server operators.
- Curate players and give incentive with frequent contests to boost 'word-of-mouth marketing'.
- If difficulties occur, document, review and solve them. Improve the business strategy to prevent difficulties in the future.
minecraft-server.eu, which is one of the most popular Minecraft server lists in Europe, has around 1 million active* Minecraft users per day listed with multiple new servers popping up each day. While the business strategy is very simple, there is no alternative around for this kind of decentralized Minecraft world storage available, which makes it unique.
Fiat Revenue Strategy:
- We plan to sell NFTs which enhance the visual appearance of a player, e.g. hats, special badges, and particle effects later on for USD.
- We plan to add a cheap monthly subscription for improved features later on for USD, which also has a lifetime referral model for server operators.
- A part of the fiat revenue is planned to be reinvested into Steem for better sustainability and growth of Steem itself.
Fiat Revenue Projections in $/user every month:
1 USD (Not every user will be paying fiat, some may not be able to pay, this is a number which is realistic.)
How will this increase the amount of STEEM being powered up?
- To interact with the Steem Blockchain, resource credits are necessary, players need to have enough Steem powered up to save worlds, create comments and vote in the game, which will result in Steem which is powered up.
- Server operators can give an incentive for their players by powering up to give rewards to their users for growth.
- The higher tier of the monthly subscription will power up a specific amount of Steem to the users every month later on.
- It is planned to give special features only to people who have powered up a specific amount of Steem later on.
What financial incentives are you willing to provide to Steemit, Inc.?
- It is planned to have a total of 10% reward share from rewards made by users using beneficiaries.
- 5% goes to the server operator on which the player submitted the world.
- 5% will go to investors who delegate, in this case, a Steemit, Inc. account. (In case multiple accounts are delegating in the future, a share will be paid).
How will you become financially sustainable once the delegation is removed?
- steem.craft would also work even without giving any reward to players, since it doesn't matter in Minecraft directly, creating, sharing, rating and commenting worlds without being limited to a server is a big feature by itself. It just will increase the spread and allow us to create enough accounts for the players.
- It is planned to introduce a subscription based service based on fiat which allows us to thrive even without the delegation later on.
KPI Progress Measurement
steem.craft is still work in progress. Before measurements can be taken, milestones have to be made. The delegation by Steemit, Inc. would be used to test new development states with actual players and rewarding them for their worlds, feedback and ideas to see if this project could work on a bigger scale and also to see if rewarding players for their work on worlds is a good idea or not at the end. A monetary reward is not that important but can increase interest in the project.
- Milestone 1 description: Development done for necessary core features to save and load worlds to Steem blockchain.
Milestone 1 status: met
Milestone 1 expected date: May 30, 2019
Milestone 1 achieved date: May 23, 2019
Milestone 1 explanation: Development done, 7 days in advance.
- Milestone 2 description: Development done for additional settings, world tags, world versioning, comments, and votes.
Milestone 2 status: done (view von GitHub)
Milestone 2 start date: June 02, 2019
Milestone 2 expected date: September 30, 2019
Milestone 2 achieved date: October 08, 2019.
Milestone 2 explanation: Development done.
- Milestone 3 description: Development done for user profiles, (sorted) world lists
Milestone 3 status: postponed
Milestone 3 start date: October 1, 2019
Milestone 3 expected date: October 25, 2019
Milestone 3 achieved date: -
Milestone 3 explanation: This milestone will be completed later on because community wanted to have games & interactive stuff first before profiles or lists of worlds.
- Milestone 4 description: Development done for a parkour, adventure and minigame game mode.
Milestone 4 status: WIP (view von GitHub)
Milestone 4 start date: October 26, 2019
Milestone 4 expected date: November 25, 2019
Milestone 4 achieved date: -
Milestone 4 explanation: The SteemPay addon will allow players to play on maps that have been stored through the steemworlds addon. This allows to add new games later on and also third party scripters to add their own game ideas through GitHub. Only the parkour will be added in this milestone, but all necessary functions to add new games will be added in this milestone. The adventure and minigame game mode will not make it in this milestone and be postponed to the future, as there are security problems that make it harder to get adventures and minigames done, since everybody can broadcast custom worlds, STEEM.CRAFT has to filter data out. Which does protect the server running STEEM.CRAFT but also destorys most adventure maps or minigames, a work around to allow specific tasks has to be tested very carefully and is postponed because of time consuming tasks to the future.
- Milestone 5 description: Development done for easy to use the site for onboarding of Minecraft players to Steem.
Milestone 5 status: planned
Milestone 5 start date: November 26, 2019
Milestone 5 expected date: December 25, 2019
Milestone 5 achieved date: -
Milestone 5 explanation: planned
- Milestone 6 description: A Quality test of software on different systems before release to ensure the best experience.
Milestone 6 status: planned
Milestone 6 start date: December 30, 2019
Milestone 6 expected date: January 30, 2020
Milestone 6 achieved date: -
Milestone 6 explanation: planned
Once steem.craft has been tested, first measurements can be taken. steem.craft will be introduced to multiple Minecraft servers, which then introduce Steem to their users directly. steem.craft will offer an easy to use interface which has already been created at this point to help server operators onboard new users to Steem with a referral share.
The first target servers are going to be servers which already have cryptocurrency users.
These points of measurement are going to be taken within the first three months after milestones have been completed:
- KPI 1 description: Minecraft servers running steem.craft
KPI 1 target: 10
- KPI 2 description: Active players on Minecraft servers running steem.craft per day
KPI 2 target: 50
- KPI 3 description: Unique Minecraft worlds published on Steem
KPI 3 target: 25
- KPI 4 description: Being listed on spigotmc.org as a resource (Minecraft server resources site, Alexa rank #7,439 in the US)
KPI 4 target: yes
There is no token offering planned in the near future. Once SMTs are created, we may introduce an airdrop for SP holders and active Minecraft server operators later on. In either case, the delegators will be able to co-determine decisions regarding an airdrop or token offering.
How much of a delegation are you requesting?
Specify the desired time frame for the delegation in 6 month increments:
3 months (since it's the Test-Tier)
Which one of the following answers best describes how the delegation will be used to add direct value to Steem:
C (later, also A)
A. It will be used to create new accounts
B. It will be used to give new accounts 15 SP to give them the resources needed to use Steem and purchase goods and/or services through our platform
C. It will be used to incentivize the creation of content that promotes Steem on external platforms
D. It will be used to provide limited trial or discount services to clients to encourage them to hold Steem and delegate in the future
We agree that our business will continue to leverage the Steem blockchain as long as we are receiving a delegation and 1 year following the removal of the delegation. During this time we also agree to promote the Steem blockchain as a valuable technological protocol that delivers unique value. We are willing to sign a legally binding contract with Steemit, Inc. to this effect.