📸🍰🎂🥂 One of the best cake recipes ever! AMAZING Tres Leches Cake recipe with pictures!
Double layer Tres Leches Cake!
My mom's birthday was during the holidays and I decided to make her a special cake! Tres Leches Cake is a delicious and moist cake that is quite the treat. If you have never had it, you dont know what you are missing. The cake is a light chiffon cake and the icing is a light whipped cream icing. The secret to the cake is a combination of the three milks ("tres leches" in Spanish) that is poured over the sponge cake before icing the cake. Typically this cake only comes in one layer but I doubled up this cake to make a phenomenal birthday cake for the celebration. Our guests were pretty amazed with the flavor and presentation of it. I hope you guys like the recipe!
**For Chiffon cake: **
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 large eggs, separated
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For "Tres Leches" milk mixture
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- One 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- One 12-ounce can evaporated milk
** For Icing: **
- 1 pint heavy cream, for whipping
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- Fresh Strawberries for decorating
**1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 9- by 13-inch cake pan. **
**2. Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl; flour, baking powder and salt. **
3. Beat the egg yolks with 1 1/2 cup of the sugar on high speed until the yolks are pale yellow. Add the milk and vanilla.
**4. Add the egg yolk mixture to the flour mixture and carefully mix the two making sure you don't over mix.
**5. Beat the egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form. **
6.With the mixer on, pour in the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and beat until the egg whites are stiff.
**7. Add the egg white mixture into the batter in sections and fold until just combined. Do not over mix. **
**8. Spoon into the prepared baking pans and spread to even out the surface. **
9. Bake until the cake is done, 25 to 35 minutes depending on each oven. Allow the cakes to cool in the pan.
**10. Combine the heavy cream, evaporated milk and condensed milk in a container. **
**11. Turn out one of the cooled cakes on a rimmed platter. Pierce the surface of the cake with a fork several times. **
12. Drizzle the milk mixture over the top and allow the cake to sit to absorb the milk mixture for a few minutes. The point is to soak the cake. However since another layer of cake will need to go on top, try not to oversoak the cake. If you only have one layer of cake... soak away!
**13. Prepare the whipped cream icing. Whip the cream with the sugar until stiff peaks form. **
**14. Ice the first layer of cake. **
15. Add the second layer of cake and repeat steps 11 and 12.
16. Spread the rest of the icing over the top and sides of the cake. Use the fresh strawberries for colorful decoration. The strawberries adds a nice touch of acidity to the sweetness of the cake. However, this cake is not overly sweet... It's perfect!
OPTIONAL Use a piping bag for decorative cake border.
17. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Several hours is fine but overnight is better. The cooler the cake, the better!
If you liked this post, please UPVOTE & RESTEEM and feel free to FOLLOW me for future posts! Thank you!
Taken with Samsung Galaxy s8+
All content is original and all photography is mine.
Donations in any amount is always appreciated!
For Bitcoin Donations Wallet Address:
For Ethereum Donations Wallet Address:
If you enjoyed this post please upvote, resteem, and of course follow me for future posts. Keep on steeming! 😉