Weekly Curie Comment Contest Winners (1/19/202 - 1/26/202)
- In the spirit of Curie's commitment to building community and fostering engagement on the Steem blockchain, we are pleased to present a weekly comment contest administered from the @curie blog.
- For those new to Curie, please follow @curie, and join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/jQtWbfj
- Follow @curie's votes to support the authors. Please consider following our trail and voting for curated authors. If you are a SteemAuto user, @curie is an available curation trail to follow.
Curie Comment Contest
Earn Steem by leaving good comments on posts upvoted by @curie.
Only posts which receive a @curie vote through Curie curator/reviewer operations are eligible for this comment contest. PLEASE NOTE the @curie account casts many upvotes which are not part of Curie curator/reviewer operations. See below for two methods to tell what posts have been upvoted by Curie through curator/reviewer operations:
- Visit becquerel.io to see a record of the most recent posts upvoted through Curie curator/reviewer operations and leave thoughtful comments on them for your chance to win!
- @curie also leaves an automated comment on all posts upvoted through Curie curator/reviewer operations, so alternatively you can visit the @curie blog comments to find eligible upvoted posts to comment on.
How do I sign up?
There is no need to sign up to be eligible for the weekly comment contest. Simply commenting on posts upvoted through Curie curator/reviewer operations makes you eligible for the Curie Comment Contest.
The contest week will run from Sunday 15:01 UTC through Sunday 15:00 UTC
Curie will use an algorithm that evaluates comments on both quantitative and qualitative metrics. This means that in addition to the number of Curie-upvoted posts that you comment on, the quality of your comments will also factor into the score. In addition we will look at other metrics designed to measure engagement with the authors that Curie upvotes.Continued interaction with Curie upvoted authors beyond the initial post commented on is another factor. So remember to follow the authors and comment on their new posting as well to score the maximum number of points.
THE EXACT ALGORITHM AND METRICS USED TO GENERATE THIS SCORE WILL NOT BE REVEALED TO HINDER ATTEMPTS TO GAME THE CONTEST
PRIZE STRUCTURE - Win up to 10 Steem!
Curie Comment Contest winners will be announced in a weekly post. In addition to the prize payout structure outlined below, the weekly champion will receive an honorary role in the Curie Discord server of "Comment Champion". Bragging rights!
- 1st place (Curie Comment Champion): 10 Steem
- 2nd place: 8 Steem
- 3rd place: 6 Steem
- 4th & 5th places: 5 Steem each
- 6th & 7th places: 4 Steem each
- 8th & 9th places: 3 Steem each
- 10th place: 2 Steem
- Honorable Mentions (11th through 20th): 1 Steem each
A minimum of 5 @curie -upvoted posts must be commented on during the contest week to qualify for prize payouts. In the event that less than 20 users comment on 5+ posts, there will be fewer than 20 payout positions.
Total weekly prize pool: 60 Steem / 20 payout positions.
Spam Comments will NOT be rewarded
The comment history of all winners will be manually reviewed for spam before any prizes are paid out. Short generic comments that could have been left without reading the post will not qualify for the Curie Comment Contest. Examples of spam comments include (but are not limited to): "Nice post"; "I like your post"; "Nice picture"; "Good song"; "Great story", etc.
EGREGIOUS SPAM COMMENTERS WILL BE REPORTED TO STEEMCLEANERS
A few words of advice on leaving good, thoughtful comments: Tell the post author what in specific you liked about the post, why you liked it and/or how it made you feel. If your comment is so generic that it could have been left without reading the post, it will not qualify for the Curie Comment Contest.
Weekly Comment Contest Winners!
The following are the winners for the comments left during the contest week of 1/19/2020 3:00 PM - 1/26/2020 3:00 PM. All prize payouts will be sent out shortly from the @curie account.
This is the last comment contest results post.
Curie Weekly Contest comes to end at this time. We hope to reinvent in the future.