Hey Steemians, I thought I'll share the recipe of one of my favorite vegetarian dish : Chana Masala. It's a quite popular dish in North India and every region adds their own flavors and cook it in their own style. It can be served as snacks or can also be served as main course alongside rice, chapati, paratha, kulcha, naan etc. That's the best part about Chana Masala. It's goes with everything! Below, I've mentioned the easiest way to prepare the same :
Prep Time: 10min
Cook Time: 30min
Soaked Chick Peas/ Chana : 3 cups
Water: 1.5 cups
Onion : 1 cup
Tomato: 0.5 cup
Ginger Garlic Paste: 1tbsp
Green Chili: 2
Bay Leaf: 1
Cinnamon Stick: 1
Cumin Seed: 0.25tbsp
Garam Masala: 1.5tbsp
Chole Masala: 1.5tbsp
Chili Powder: 0.5tbsp
Coriander leaves for garnishing
Salt to taste
- Soak the chana/chick peas overnight and boil it in the pressure cooker for 2 whistles.
- While it's cooking, chop the onions, tomatoes and green chili. The easiest and quickest way it to dice them and add everything together in the grinder. Grind it till it becomes a thick paste.
- In a pan, add oil and set it at a low temperature. After the oil gets heated, add bay leaf, cumin seeds, cinnamon, clove and garlic paste. Stir till the cumin seeds start crackling.
- Add the puree/paste into the pan and cook till the raw smell of the onion disappears and the mixture turns golden.
- Sprinkle salt as per taste and add all the other spices - turmeric, red chili, chole masala, garam masala into the mixture. Stir well and let it cook for 5min.
- Add the boiled chick peas into the mixture and mix well. let the peas soak the paste and leave it for a minute. Add water into the pan (based on how thick you need the gravy to be). Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook for a while.
TADA! It's ready to be served!
It barely takes half an hour to prepare it! Sprinkle some chopped coriander leaves on it before serving. You can present it alongside rice, chapati or naan. Chana Masala is one of the most delicious vegetarian items you'll find in India. If you liked the blog, do follow for more of such simple yet amazing food recipes.