Free crypto!! Start searching on the web with PRESEARCH
Sometimes things just sound too good to be true and when I stumbled upon the website Presearch yesterday, that is exactly what my first thought was:
Is this too good to be true?
Their about page and video cleared up all of my doubts and I decided to sign up and give it a try.
As you can see my balance is already at 28.75 PRE just buying doing the research for this article.
So, what is Presearch ?
Presearch is an open, decentralized search engine that rewards community members with Presearch Tokens for their usage, contribution to, and promotion of the platform.
In a world where one company controls 77% of all searches, influencing trillions of dollars in spending, shaping perceptions and effectively acting as the primary gatekeeper to the Internet, a new, open and community-driven search engine is a necessity.
Presearch has an innovative go-to-market strategy to target the most frequent searchers - web workers - and gain early adoption, on our way to releasing future versions of the open source platform that will utilize a blockchain-based index, curated by the community.
Together, we can provide Internet users with an alternative to the search hegemony that dictates where most of us learn, engage and spend our valuable attention and resources.
The financial breakdown
- We all search the web for well... about anything these days and mainly on Google..
- We all like free crypto
- By using presearch as your everyday search engine (you can also use Google through Presearch) you can get up to 8 free PRE tokens per day (if you search the web 32 times)
- At the moment 1 PRE equals $0.122872 USD, so basically you can earn up to 1USD worth of free PRE just by doing what you would normally do: browse the internet for information.
- At its peak in its very short existence in January PRE was trading at $0.80, this means if you HODL your PRE and sell it when crypto has another bull run, you can get up to 7 USD per day of browsing the web.
- If you would max this out (as to speak in term of #steemmonsters), you can get up to 8 PRE * 365 days = 2920 PRE per year!
That would mean at a max trading at $0.80 a total of 2336 USD for free per year.
Doing something you already do every day.
You might think I am in this for the money and the crypto rewards are definitely a bonus, but I mainly love this idea because of the potential it has of changing the monopoly of one giant company that has an unlimited capacity to influence us all.
You can easily click on the subdomain you want to search and pass Google all together. For example if you want to search something on Coinmarketcap, you can click on the icon on the Presearch home page and bypass Google. You can do the same with many others like Netflix, Rottentomatoes and Amazon.
You are only allowed to withdraw PRE starting when you have gathered a 1000 PREs, meaning at 32 searches a day you would have to use the Presearch portal a 125 days. Which to me is a good thing, is it sort of saying you need to be committed to this and commitment is the only way anything will change. So, I am a fan :)
I would recommend setting presearch as your homepage and when you open a new tab in your browser and turn it into a habit of using the portal.