An attempt was made on Tuesday morning to rob a Bitcoin exchange located in Canada, Ottawa. The intruders hit a handgun on the head of one of its employees asking them to make a cryptocurrency transaction.
Another employee in a cabin quickly called the police before any assets could be taken and the robbers left with nothing. One of the suspects was arrested later on Wednesday after arriving police officers saw him run into ravine north on Colonnade Road and headed to find him.
The suspect was identified as Jimmy St-Hilaire and has been charged with the following offences:
- 5 counts of robbery with a firearm
- 5 counts of point a firearm
- 5 counts of forcible confinement
- Wear disguise
- Conspiracy to Commit an indictable offence
- Carry concealed weapon
- Possess firearm while prohibited
- Possess weapon for committing an offence
- Possess loaded regulated firearm
The authorities did not reveal the name of the exchange.