The first Cryptocurrency 2.0 is back and its going to be huge!
Ones known as the Cryptocurrency 2.0, NXT launched in 2013 after getting very little attention and only raising a little over 21 BTC in the ICO. But soon many people realised its potential and jumped on the new an innovative Cryptocurrency bringing it's value to an alltime high at about 13k Satoshi.
Soon after that NXT got bashed for beeing only distributed to a few whales that took part in the ICO and so the NEM (New Economy Movement) started. And we all know where NEM is today.
Why am I telling you this? Well, the devil lies in the detail:
NEM first started as a a clone of NXT. Even the client looked like the NXT client. But it was soon rewritten so it became its own legit Cryptocurrency.
I am huge fan of NEM. I like how easy and smooth it workes and looks.
But I am also a huge NXT enthusiast, holding my first NXT Coins since 2013. Never sold, even bought some more last year before the ARDOR Snapshot.
What exactly is ARDOR?
Ardor is a blockchain-as-a-service platform that will allow people to utilize the blockchain technology of Nxt through the use of child chains. Since all processing will be done on the Ardor main chain, child chain creators won’t need to worry about common issues when creating a blockchain as well as securing it with enough nodes. Child chains will be able to utilize features currently seen in Nxt such as decentralized phasing, voting, and trading, as well as be able to interact with other child chains on the platform, including IGNIS, the first child chain to be launched.
ARDOR can be referred to as NXT 2.0. It brings as all the great features of NXT combined with a long awaited feature:
Blockchain as a Service!
For the first time Ardor will make it possible to great your own child chains inside the Ardor ecosystem. Just think about all the possibilites of greating your own child chain and not just an asset or coin.
Just take a look at NXT. All the features that NXT has will also be available for the Ardor child chains:
- Aliasing: Initiate transactions with easy names. All aliases will end with a period preceeding the name of the child chain.
- Data Cloud: Store data securely right on the blockchain. This can be either public or private and is time stamped.
- Account Control: Restrict access to an account or prohibit transactions without approval by multiple parties.
- Monetary System: Create customizable monetary system tokens in addition to the child chain native token.
- Secure Messaging: Send encrypted messages and files without a centralized system.
- CoinShuffle: Optionally allow users to mix funds quickly and efficiently with other users’ funds to further increase privacy.
- Voting: Decentralized polling for secure and anonymous voting.
- Plugins: Plugins will be able to be installed to increase and customize functionality.
- Phasing: Create automatic conditional or unconditional transactions with deferred execution.
- Marketplace: Have a marketplace where anyone can buy and sell physical and digital items.
Why should you invest in ARDR?
Ardor ist still in the Testnet phase and will launch in Q3 2017. All Ardor coins are already distributed throug a 3 month period snapshot of NXT that was taken in Q3 2016. So everyone who held NXT through this time was rewarded with Ardor. Ardor is since tradable on exchanges and is already on a steady rise.
The marketcap of Ardor at the time of my writing this is about: $135m
Looking at the marketcap of NEM and the features Ardor is offering, plus that most people don't know much about Ardor yet, I can safely say, a rise to $500m-$1b in the coming months after release is a very realistic scenario.
Why should you invest in NXT?
Well, this is the tricky part. As soon as Ardor launches there will be another one time snapshot of all NXT accounts where every NXT holder will get 0.5 IGNIS Coins (the first child chain on Ardor). The other half of the IGNIS coins will be sold in an ICO.
So by buying NXT now and holding it - at least till Ardor launches - will not only give you a nice return on investment on NXT (because I expect it to keep rising at least until the snapshot is taken), but also give you a whole bunch of free IGNIS coins that you can trade, sell or hold as soon as Ardor goes live.
So, my dear Steemians! Don't wait too long. Take this chance and make 2017 your winning year. It was never so easy to invest in something. Even if it doesn't take off as me predicting, you will at least make some decent profit on the way.
PS: This article only represent my opinion. Only risk money that you are willing to lose. There are no guarantees of return or profit. Please be warned, crypto is wild and sometimes unpredictable.