Cryptoblogging platforms 2020: news, analysis and insights
Greetings Steemians! I've decided to update my older post on cryptoblogging. Even tho I didn't supported my cryptoblogs in a good way for quite a while; interesting to see where each of the projects go.
But first, let me tell you
News that I am aware about
- Steemit itself separated blogging part (you are here;) from the wallet and started to use advertisements altho I don't see any because I am using ublock/adblock on all of my browsers.
- Golos has forked for quite awhile into two separate projects: the older Golos (based on older Steemit code) is now referenced as "Golos Classic"; the newer chain moved to EOS and referenced as "GEOS" or "Golos on EOS". The domain names of the projects are: old golos classic has to change it's domain into https://golos.id; while newer EOS golos has taken the older domain name of golos.io, accordingly.
- Whaleshares.io continued to add functions and implementing new design; added the "Pods" functionality (which is in my opinion similar to something called "Community Hubs" seen in many different projects from Facebook to Git etc.
- Serey.io has refreshed it's design, added great category chooser interface; also published windows & mac wallets software.
- WeYouMe.io are continuing their alpha-testing and they improved design and functions of the platform.
- VOX.community had fully ceased its operations (RIP).
- VIZ.world is developing fast. It changed it's focus from own ecosystem (it's accessible here) into making an instrument that allows you support content on other platforms (little bit similar to Brave Browser & their BAT (Basic Attention Token)). New instrument called "Vizonator" and it currently allows you to support posts in: bitcointalk, soundcloud, twitter, twitch, youtube, instagram and telegram (finally!). Also, VIZ implemented Social Hubs functionality including option for the payed subscription.
- I haven't seen any large changes for neither scorum.com, smoke.io, weku.io, vit (touch.tube) nor bearshares except their move to subdomain for the main blog -> https://fast.bearshares.com. But the good news these projects are still alive and developing.
New statistic participants:
Months in the table are showing how much users visited the website for each month accordingly. M stands for Millions, K for thousands.
*VD = Visit Duration (in seconds)
**PPV = Pages Per Visit
***BR = Bounce Rate
Still lacks statistics as of 15 jan 2020:
- vox.community (RIP Dead)
Now lacks statistics (altho it was there earlier!)
So this is basically sad news for crypto industry. Everything went down a little bit or more. I hope something will change in the future. Also; if you do know some new steemit-based blogs that are out now in the wild; please let me know!