I've never shilled coins before, so let me make an honest assessment of my portfolio (critique welcome!)
So, I'm gonna be blunt and upfront rather than subtle, and let you know how my portfolio has done, for better or worse (without getting into amounts of course) and the rationale behind my choices, welcome criticism and input. Also I haven't taken a close enough look at some of these recently, or ever, as I also get caught up in hype. Some of these coins have REAL USES NOW and I haven't really gotten into that level of it either, just been trading and holding. Some coins are already in use through apps, others have systems where you stake the coins or can easily run a node.What did I miss? What do you think is just hype/pump? Am I wrong on your favorite coin? I welcome counter-shilling! Please tell me any real use / easy to set a node / easy to stake coins I missed, I find this interesting!Biggest long holds for me have been what I consider the** "network/ecosystem"** type coins, such as Ethereum. There are many other coins trying to fill this role of "operating system" of the new decentralized environment that we are building. I think THESE are the real way crypto will change the world. Truly decentralized internet systems where YOU own the keys.
- Ethereum - yup, told people about it a year ago but didn't buy it til 0.15 btc! sold all when it started tanking and btc was running in the fall (everything tanked) but bought back fairly low at .05 and it's been doing well
- Lisk - trying to make the idea of ethereum easier, using java to make programs
- Ardor - built from the people on nxt, all nxt apps will run on new Jalurida, the first child chain of Ardor
- NXT - one of the oldest network chains, still has development plans I've been told, a contract with an Australian company. Personally sold most after the airdrop for Jalurida, and holding Ardor
- Neo - the chinese ethereum? that's what I heard! been good for me. More info?
- ADA Cardano The japanese Ethereum? A promising looking project that I honestly don't fully understand
- Enigma - from some MIT guys, for running complex encrypted code safely using everyone's computing power, seems companies would want a more secure but anonymous / secretive blockchain
- Lumen - same kinda thing, stellar platform, honestly haven't dived deep into details, saw it low months ago and it seemed like a promising project
- ETP / metaverse Decentralied Platform, chinese I think, as far as I know hasn't proven too much, but has a promising looking team
- BLOCK Block net is a similar undertaking, but bringing peer to peer communication between blockchains, a big step forward in the ecosystem, is that we'll need DAPPS that function independently, as well as others that will require communication between.
- XEM New Economy Movement Honestly didn't look that closely, saw that it's making a whole ecosystem, for decentralized applications, and appealing to the technical companies with more know-how than me
Any more crypto like this that I'm missing? Let me know. These are the most important in my opinion, and this last month check any of those coins to understand (hell the whole year) that people are catching on and valuing these high for a reason. They survive the BTC dips the best, they have the most actual real world utility through the multitude of applications that will stem from it, many are getting promising contracts and deals with major companies, and ultimately THIS is the purpose of crypto in my opinion, to try to decentralize EVERYTHINGAnother big hold for me is the ones trying to do a different kind of blockchain, to improve the entire concept with something new. Bigger risk, bigger reward.
- Iota Some kind of weave ?? I hear FUD for and against, I'm just holding some long
- EOS same thing, I hear it's a scam, I hear it's the ethereum killer, it has a year long ICO and nothing to show as proof, or it's going to blow the pants off everything
- HYBRID this was one of my first ICOs waaaaay back like seriously 13 years ago in the summer of 2017, and they want to create a hybrid chain that allows for instant transfer of data between all the major network chains, NXT, BTC, ETHER, etc, and allow for nearly instant, nearly free, lightning network transactions between all these chains. The ICO was like 6 months ago, I heard it's trading somewhere? But I didn't think the coins were actually issued, so maybe it's only futures being traded. Regardless, long hold.
Any more that are trying to backend the whole blockchain system, and seem like they are really capable?Some of my holds are really just coins trying to be money. But they're trying to improve upon BTC in one way or another. Anonymous, fast, secure, safe, there's LOTS of ways BTC needs to improve (I'll keep holding BTC too for now, but if it doesn't innovate soon, who knows....) Some of these have apps already, some are planning big things.
- OMG A company Omnise, already established, I'm sure they have lots in store
- DASH the original Dark Coin, anonymous, had it years ago and sold everything and got out of crypto until recently, regret not keeping
- LTC lite coin, just like it sounds, oldest fork of btc and improves things, just got a little, not sure it can keep up with other competition
- ZEC Zcash, honestly just bought because it's on Bitfinex, someone sell me on it as a currency coin?
- XMR Monero wish I knew about this one earlier, privacy centered coin, huge rallies, doing great, good development team
- AEON recently acquired, mobile friendly digital cash, app is out, privacy focused, easy mining
- EIDO has an app, wants to be the easiest currency for people to use on phones
- METAL has an app, wants to be the easiest currency for people to use on phones
- *BitSwift * A long established payment coin, moving to the ARDOR blockchain I believe
- Vert Vertcoin is an old established fast payment coin, had a lot of hype the other month about the mining being better?
- feather coin another fairly old establish payment coin, fixes problems of BTC, don't see it really being "the one" though.
- *REDD coin * bought a little because it was hyped by mcafee, can turn on a firefox extension and tip people on social media, is it true the kids are using it?
- TENX and
- Monaco are both great looking. They have deals with credit card companies, they're issuing cards real soon that will be able to hold BTC or their native currency (and I'm pretty sure more) and use them on network (on has visa agreement the other mastercard I think) and use their network to make the payment instant and cheap, you can use BTC and vendor can accept local currency. Will be BIG when someone gets it right.
Next biggest are single utility coins that fill a good niche and purpose, and do it well.A few of these are decentralized** "cloud" type programs**:
- storjx - store storage
- golem - cloud computations
- sia - cloud storage
- QTUM - cloud computations ?
- CEEK I'm not sure if this is the one I was thinking of, I missed an ICO for a coin tha wanted to make VR concerts, and be able to pay to watch and pay the performer, making it relatively easy in the future for even smaller gigs to get into VR ... I see this one, but maybe it's a different one from the one I was thinking?
- spankchain web cam girls and boys, with their own blockchain system for payment, authorization, etc etc, I should really buy this before I hype it, great idea
- * Walton Chinese coin that was hyped while back, honestly didn't look much into it and it's dipping, someone sell me on it?
Did I get something on hype that sucks? Did I "Meh" your favorite coin when I mentioned it? (though it still means I'm holding some) Was I completely wrong about one?This is making me realize more portfolio is pretty diverse! Is it more diverse than average? I didn't finish listing them, but got my big ones, there are some I still hold small amounts but don't really hold out hope for, like DOPE, POT, CANN all related to legal weed, but never really showed any advantage to the industry over BTC or another crypto.
Credit: okalyddude reddit