In 1600 britishers came as a pure traders to India. They didn't have any intention to capture any part to rule in India. In 1760's they waged a war with King of Bengal and they bought their minister which eventually led to the downfall of that King. and made that minister a king . eventually that king became the puppet king. In 1765 the British acquired the Diwali of rights of Bengal which means along with trading they started ruling the Bengal region.
- The then governor of Bengal became supreme and governor of Mumbai and Madras who were independent now became subordinate to the governor of Bengal.
- In 1773 Regualting act was made by the government.
- In 1774 britishers established the first Supreme Court in Calcutta along with one supreme judge and 3 other judges.
4.Court of directors started looking over financial ,civil and military necessities of the nation.
- In 1783 Pitts india act was made . by this act board of council is appointed which is going to look over military , financial and other requirements.
6.this made for the act of double governance .
- India has deep roots of its constitution from the British . it can be clearly seen.
- along with following acts in 1833 and 1853 charter acts were made. in 1833 act it is made where Indians will be allowed to take up Civil services too but however it is denied in 1853.
9.then eventually the sepoy mutiny began in 1857.
END OF EAST INDIA COMPANY RULE IN INDIA .
ERA OF BRITISH INDIA WHICH IS SAID TO BE CROWN RULE (1857-1947).
Queen started ruling India from 1857. they treated it as British India .
These are the some key factors of British rules which had impact on Indian constitution.