Q&A #2 - Newbie Support
A new post was long overdue as the old was was almost 2 months old.
This post is for all the newbies out there! If there are any issues that you may have or if there are any questions you have, you can ask them here and I will be more than happy to help in any way I can!
I'll also post your questions and their answers in my post next time so as to help other minnows and newbies!
You can ask questions on anything you need help with whether it's regarding payouts or steempower or maybe even sending transactions! I'll be more than happy to guide to you!!
Here are the questions and answers from the previous post :
1. How can increasing steam power help us?
Steem power is what determines your vote value. So basically if you add more steem power, it can help you to get votes that are worth more. So for instance, someone with a steem power of 3000, voting power of 100% and a voting weight of 100% can upvote a post to add $0.511 to its value. In contrast, someone with 300 steem power with a voting power of 100% and voting weight of 100% can only add $0.051 to a post's value. A great resource for this is https://steemnow.com/upvotecalc.html
2. I want to know more on why when I upvote some post it adds some dollars for some while for others it will only indicate that I upvoted.
This could be due to 2 reasons: **#1**Your Steem Power or voting power is very low and even though your upvote may be adding value to the post, you can't see it because the value is so small. For example lets say there's a post with a value of $1.15. If you upvote this, maybe your upvote added a value of $0.003 and therefore the post value may not look like it's changed even though it has increased in value. **#2** - You may be upvoting posts that are more than 7 days old. Upvoting a post that is more than 7 days old does not add value to the post even though it may look like you've upvoted that person.
3. I uploaded a post some couple of hours ago. There was an increase in my upvoted fund but suddenly the fund started decreasing. From $7.03 to $6.94 as at the time am writing this. I don't know what will happen. Please what could be the cause?
The value that is being shown is in USD. As the value of steem and SBD fluctuate, so does the value shown on your post rewards!
4. I want to drop a dtube video please how do I go about it?
Alright first of all head on over to https://steemit.com/@samhope/transfers . You will see 3 tabs called "balance, permissions and password." Click on permissions and then next to your posting key there should be a button that says "show private key." Copy that and then head on over to https://d.tube/#!/login. Use your username and posting key to log in. After that head on over to https://d.tube/#!/upload and upload any video you'd like :)
5. I have trying to upload a profile picture and wallpaper but kind of stuck editing. I even tried using postimage link that was approved here but still not working. Please how do I go about it?
Try uploading your image to imgur and then right click the image and click open image in new tab. Copy the URL of that link (should end with a .jpg or .png) and then go and paste it over here: https://steemit.com/@YOURUSERNAMEHERE/settings