应为这个比赛我拿到了纹身卷，辣椒卷，几个T-shirts，一个帽子，一个枕头。 重点不是赢了什么： 是我赢了和挑战了自己。
- Hello Steemit friends, this time I decided to write two articles, once in Chinese and once in English rather than taking my English article and doing a direct translation into Chinese. I read various website on the internet before the competition and after gathering a lot of information I tested it out during this competition. Hopefully you find the information useful in case you decide to attend a hotsauce eating contest or just for helping you with dealing with the hotness when you eat a lot of spicy peppers.
- (30min before the competition) I had a burger and fries from Grinder Shanghai (hamburger shop) This oil and carbohydrates help with the absorption of hotness as well as a protective layer for your stomach.
-----------------I also had half a water bottle of scotch whisky but I realized later on that even though whisky can help with numbing the feelings of hotness, however it makes you more likely to throw up as it can upset your stomach------------------
- Just like when you ride a rollercoaster, the designers have the slow uphill trek before the plunge to get you mentally fearful to add to the effects of the fall. Since most of the effects of hot peppers are in your mind, I tried to meditate and also breathe slowly to help stay mentally strong.
- I actually got if from the guy who got first place because he had his headphones on before the competition, I felt that music can help with distracting yourself from the hotness along with carrying your emotions to deal with the spiciness. I was listening to some metal/hard rock (Rammenstein and Korn)
I felt that either I had too much alcohol beforehand or I had a fear of the stomach cramps that would occur later, I threw up. What was interesting was that the food before the contest sort of wrapped up all of the spiciness and I actually didn’t feel it when it came up.
I drank a 2L bottle of milk that I had bought earlier( The fat in the milk helped relieve the pain on my mouth and face) It doesn’t help though once your body is starting to process the peppers.
Sprite had this interesting effect of relieving stomach pain from the bubbles.
反正9月分时候会有一个音乐会Concrete & Grass 他们跟我说去年在老码头也可能会有1000多个人参与。会再有一个比赛。他们告诉我第一名退休了，所以如果我参与应该可以得到第一名哈哈为我加油拿第一名帮我分享一下这个文章和upvote吧！
- The first place guy is retiring from the spice eating contests after winning two in a row and I will be attending the next one at Concrete and Grass concert in Shanghai in September. The sponsors of the contest have told me that I’ll probably be able to win 1st place this time and I hope that to support me you will resteem this article and upvote！ Hopefully it has been useful and I wish you luck in your hotsauce eating adventure!