THINK NO EVIL( bible Text: Isaiah 14:12-16)
Memory Verse: Proverbs 4:23 “Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life."
Lesson Aim: God is attentive to what goes on in our hearts; we must hence ensure they do not dishonour him. Central Truth: know that evil thought will lead to evil plan.
Evil thoughts are generally reflections about sin and ungodliness. The sin that lead to the downfall and rejection of Satan only took place in his heart. And before he could either actualize it or repent from carrying it out, God has pronounced his
judgment. God children must therefore avoid indulging in any dishonouring and rebellious thought so as to avoid God's judgment.
A. Examples of Evil Thoughts. Mathew15219
B. Causes of Evil Thought
- Evil communication -1Corinthians 15:33
- Watching pornography. Job 31 :1
- Listening to ungodly songs or anything that could pollute your mind Isaiah 33:15
- Keeping ungodly friends -1 Corinthians 15:33
C. Consequences of Evil Thought
- It hinders prayers Psalm 66:18
- It brings wrath
- Is an abomination to God
- It Brings shame
- Loss of glory