Today's message will be taking from;
(1) NIV:Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers.
(2) NIV:but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night
(3) NIV:That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers
(4)NIV:Not so the wicked! They are like chaff that the wind blows away
(5) NIV:Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous
(6) NIV:For the Lord watches over the way of the , but the way of the wicked leads to destruction
This part is talking about the benefit of setting ourselves apart for God, often time it seemed difficult living in a family where only you is piloting the affairs of Christ, it always brings conflict of interest because the way you see things will never be the way they will see it
A man of God once said that when a man is in the darkness, he can never imagine what is like to be in the light, that's where the conflict do comes in.
Today God is calling us to set ourselves apart for him, even if you must do it alone, He said that we should not stand around with the sinners, in other words, we should not participate in doing evil. He said that we should not join the mockers, there is a lot of benefit when your delight is in the law of the Lord.
He said that you shall be like a tree planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. And your leaves will never go wither. God is not a man, He never fails when He promise, His faithfulness is forevermore.
If your family refuse to accept Christ, let it not be the excuse for you not to accept Christ. Your generation needs God, set yourself apart for Him, He is merciful and He will never fail you
My prayer for us today, is that God will us to set ourselves apart for Him and that our delight shall be in keeping His Law in Jesus name, amen