ChainCoin - "Could not allocate vin" error message and solution
If, when setting up a ChainCoin masternode, you see the "Could not allocate vin" message when attempting to start the masternode, do the following in your controller wallet...
- Enable coin control features.
- Go to Chaincoin-Qt > Preferences > Wallet tab
- Check "Enable coin control features"
- Click the Send tab in the wallet
- Click the "Inputs..." button
- Expand the masternode row by clicking the arrow/triangle on the left
- Right-click the row with the lock icon and 1000 CHC
- Select "unlock unspent" from the contextual menu
- Now start your masternode