In software development, either commercial or open source, outsourcing quality contribution is difficult. That exists because creating bounties while verifying the quality of contribution is hard. Usually, for rewarding the potential contributor you need to:
- Create a bounty in the bounty platform
- Copy your story to the bounty platform
- Get contacted and ask their github/gitlab account
- Assess their work
- Release the bounty by clicking a button
That kind of workflow is okay if you manage a small number of tasks but what if you manage is a huge number of tasks? Can we simplify that by using a smart contract?
Actually, any platform/blockchain will do but some feature that makes Byteball appealing for this cases are:
- Smart contracts. Project maintainer can set the payment condition when PR is "CI status is success" + "approved by 2 reviewers"
- P2P payments in chat. Well, in case the maintainer needs to give an extra tip
- Textcoins. This makes receiving payment easier. Contributor doesn't need to have Byteball account beforehand :)
- Integration with others service/platform (e.g Steem)
That's the short summary that I probably going to build (not sure if I can pull it off 😆). Hope it can be realized even if I'm not the one who build/maintain it. Ah yes, if this idea overlaps with others platform, let me know 🙂