Edwin Hubble measured the recessional velocities (the speed galaxies move away from earth).
He found that:
- Most galaxies (distant ones) all move away from earth.
- Galaxies that are more distant travel at a greater velocity
The relationship between galaxy distance and speed is:
- V = H0d
- V = Recessional Velocity
- H0 = Hubble's Constant (2.3×10-18 S-1)
- d = Distance from location to galaxies.
Related relationships / formulae:
- d÷t = H0d
- 1÷t = H0
- t = 1÷H0 (t = Age of the universe)
Calculating the age of the universe:
- t = 1÷H0
- t = 1÷2.3×10-18
- t = 4.3×1017 Seconds
- t = 7.24...×1015 Minuites (÷60)
- t = 1.20...×1014 Hours (÷60)
- t = 5.03...×1012 Days (÷24)
- t = 1.37...×1010 365-Day-Years (÷365)
- t = 1.37...×1010 Real (365.25 Day) Years (Slight Difference) (÷365.25)
- t = ~ 13'444'429'480 Real Years
- t = ~ 13.7 Billion Real Years
Standard candles are stars that we know the real light level of
The slope or gradient of current distance away ÷ original distance away is always the same, no matter your home galaxy.
Double the distance away means that it has double the rate of expansion
CADawg is Brittish, 16 Years old and wants to become a web developer/programmer.
He dreams to start his own web development/programming business and travel around the world, exploring all different cultures. CADawg enjoys writing code, mainly in PHP and Python in his free time, as well as playing games.
Check Out: @mermaidvampire
And Vote For SteemGigs as Witness or Click Here and enter steemgigs in the box, or if you want to give him your voting power and decisions, on that same page type in surpassinggoogle in the second box as a proxy.
Support his other brainchild projects like #untalented, #steemgigs and #teardrops.