[EOS Go Block Producer Report] EOS NodeOne
EOS.IO software is designed as a decentralized operating system which can support industrial-scale decentralized applications. The internal governance system adopted by EOS.IO software signifies a unique economic structure where all community participates’ interest is aligned by its representative democratic governance system, where 21 Block Producers are elected and forced by their voters to serve the community.
The vision of NodeOne is to create a healthy upward spiral within EOS community by circulating and amplifying value so that it can compound upon itself indefinitely. To achieve this, NodeOne strives to serve as a catalyzer by;
- providing secure and reliable infrastructure,
- Investing and incubating EOS Dapp projects,
- fostering a healthy community on and offline,
- and keeping independence from undue external influence.
The Six Check Mark Criteria (from EOS Go)
1) Public website URL and social media account
- Public website URL: http://eosnodeone.io
- Telegram (English): http://t.me/eosnodeone_en
- Telegram (한국어): http://t.me/eosnodeone_kr
- Telegram (简体中文): http://t.me/eosnodeone_cn
- Steemit: http://steemit.com/@eosnodeone
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/eosnodeone
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/eosnodeone
2) ID information
A) Official block producer candidate name
B) Location of company headquarters
Seoul, South Korea
C) Expected location of servers
EOS NodeOne will install the nodes starting with Seoul followed by Philippines or other Asian locations.
D) Type of servers (cloud, bare metal, etc)
Cloud and bare metal（IDC in Korea)
E) Current employee list, pictures and relevant background qualifications
3) Estimate of technical specifications and total expenditure for resources by June 3, 2018.
- Type: Cloud(AWS)
- Location: Seoul AWS region
- Machine: m4.2xlarge instance
- Number: 1
- Memory: 32GB
- CPU: vCPU 8 Core
- Storage: SSD 300GB
4) Estimated scaling plan for hardware after June 3, 2018.
EOS NodeOne will adopt the cloud machine and bare-metal with the follow corresponded configuration with the actual payload, the typical scaling plan is(1 host, 1 standby):
- Type : Bare-metal & Cloud
- Number : 2
- Memory : 768GB
- CPU : 2x3.4GHz 6128 6-Core 12 Thread Processor
- Storage : 2x480GB STA SSD Intel S4600
* We will make detailed adjustments as Mainnet launch approaches.
Security, load balancing, and backup:
EOSNodeOne’s deployment architecture has been designed with high availability, scalability, and state of the art security considerations as key motivators.
Inter Block Producer connectivity: Our Block producer to block producer infrastructure supports a mesh VPN/whitelisted set of IP addresses to ensure that only qualified BPs can connect with each other on the established p2p ports. Traffic on all other ports and from other IP addresses is dropped by upstream hardware based routing rules.
Public Internet connectivity, DDoS protection and load balancing: We have implemented significant safeguards to protect access to our keosd daemon (public endpoint for wallets/transactions etc.).
DDoS: We have a Cloudflare based subscription to protect our public endpoint against UDP and ICMP protocols, SYN/ACK, DNS and NTP amplification and Layer 7 attacks. Cloudflare has demonstrated experience in flighting large scale DDoS attacks e.g. a 300Gbps DDoS attack in March 2013, and a record-breaking 400Gbps attack in February 2014, etc. Our subscription and testing shows that a local Seoul based node on their infrastructure will provide the required protection for our node without adding unacceptable latencies to network traffic.
Validating transactions: We are currently exploring the feasibility and performance implications of adding a Nginx/Apache layer to validate EOS transaction syntax arriving via REST Api calls (to prevent rouge players from flooding improperly formatted transactions) on to our node.
Load balancing: Our architecture provides for application level (layer 7, http/https) load balancer and a network layer (layer 4, TCP traffic) load balancing to provide ultra high performance as transaction volumes increase on our node.
Failover support: EOS NodeOne will invite the 121 BP community members to create a failover node collaboration agreement with us so that in the event of a catastrophic failure of data center or sub-sea fiber links, etc. our node will immediately migrate to a partners’s data center hardware and remain operational. We will similarly act as a catastrophic backup for other BP community members. We are exploring creating this collaboration agreement as a dApp on the EOS blockchain itself and intend to release it to the community.
Monitoring: We are deploying a sophisticated array of monitoring tools (monit, upstart, and in-house authored shell scripts) to ensure that Nodeos and Keosd are consistently operational and downtime is restricted to milli-seconds when any unexpected event (including crashes) occur.
5) Community benefit project outline, only for projects expected to be public by June 3, 2018.
In blockchain world, the community is everything. EOS NodeOne’s motto is ‘Positive Sum World for All.’ and its mission is to generate a healthy upward spiral for all in the EOS community. To achieve this, it is crucial to nurture the right kind of culture to prevent a situation where zero-sum game prevails. It can be done by fostering a culture of giving, where members of our community are constantly “paying it forward”. Instead, they will have bought into the goal of creating relationships with social capital and trusting that they’ll benefit from the community in often unforeseen ways.
- We’ll develop a community of EOS dapp token economists, investors and developers in collaboration with various local partners.
- We’ll hold annual Block Producers Summit where 21 BPs can gather and discuss about how EOS community should evolve.
- We'll create online EOS content for education, dapp development and community governance to foster a deeper understanding on EOS for those who are not very familiar with how EOS works.
* In the order of the priority. Any budget expenditure in investing & incubating will come only after we are 100% confident with infrastructure stability and reliability.
6.TELEGRAM+TESTNET: Listing of Telegram and Test-net node names for community testnet participation.
- Telegram： http://t.me/eosnodeone_dev
- Testnet Node name： EOS NodeOne (Jungle & Arrowhead)
Team EOS NodeOne