Blogging and cake icing!
Are your blogs bland and boring? Want to know how to make them sizzle? Here is what you do…
Reaction to cakes:
- Consider if you had to see a plain dry cake without icing, would you put out your hand and take a slice of it to eat? I don’t think so.
- Especially, if there was a lovely iced cake sitting right next to it, with cream and incredible edible decoration on it! That is the same with websites and blogs!
People have free-agency to choose:
People are put off by empty or blare-blare blogs. People prefer what looks the most exciting and sensational… while looking for something interesting and informative.
People need to be seduced to click on and read a blog.
So what entices people?
Of cause the headline title must be eye catching and dynamic, and the sub-heading understandably directive of what to expect in the following blog.
But, what then… What grips people’s attention at the outset?
- A sensational image! Something that affects and stirs people’s senses and emotions.
- Something really exciting… juicy…creamy… Good enough to eat ?!
- Something dynamic and eye catching.
I’m an artist, so of cause I would use paintings as an example!
- In paintings, warm colours contrasting with cool colours, affects people’s senses.
- And if there is a certain amount of blurring and blending of colours, it stirs people’s emotions and expectations.
- Enough detail to stir people’s imagination and selected highlights to direct the plot to the main point of interest, which should stand out in dramatic contrast to the ambiance of the atmospheric background and surroundings.
Compare that to a `cake’ blog:
- The sensational impact of colours and contrasts grabs people attention.
- The details of sub-headings grip and lead people onward and downwards through the contents of the blog.
- And the main objective of your topic is the `cherry-on-the-top’ of your blog’s cake. Also dynamic supplied punchlines make the blog worth reading.
- The raisins or nuts in your cake are a bonus. So too are the exciting facts in your blog that people can `drool’ over.
- Additional paintings (demos or photos) within the blog, is like a layered cake with icing in between!