Word on the BLOCK: 15th November
Hello everybody and welcome to the latest Blocknet newsletter! This newsletter is released twice per month to keep the community up-to-date on what is happening with Blocknet. You can view all previous newsletters here.
- An update version of Block DX will be released in the coming days. This new release includes the ability for Block DX to pull updated configuration files directly from Github. Also included will be a revamped ‘my orders’ table for better clarity, distinction of your own orders in the orderbook, error messaging if you try to take your own order, timestamps included in the price chart, improvements made to the market selection list of network tokens, a fix for a scaling issue with the balances panel, and other small bug fixes. Additional improvements will be made in future updates to the wallet setup process including notification of new config changes and token listings.
- The Block DX in-app updating feature is complete and undergoing final code signing integration.
- The redesigned Settings screen and some Tools screens are in finalization (and looking sharp!).
- XRouter’s fee system has been implemented. Work is now being done to refine the API and error handling to make it more intuitive and provide a balance for customization between users and Service Nodes.
- Additional work has been done to address RPC locking and have additional verification checks to resolve issues with orders getting hung.
- Blocknet recently attended a panel on Blockchain in the music industry at Blockchain UCLA.
- Blocknet will be officially launching Portals along with the first coin announcement on Monday! Portals are a new feature of the Blocknet website that showcases every token that is ready for cross-chain dApps, compatible with the Internet of Blockchains, and can be trustlessly traded on Block DX! Each Portal provides a targeted hub of information and resources for each community on “The Blocknet”. Stay tuned to our social media for an introduction to Blocknet portals tomorrow!
- The Coin Announcements 2.0 campaign begins Monday! The focus of this campaign is to introduce new communities to Block DX. With the use of Coin Portals, we can give communities easy access Block DX instructions and promotional material. We’ll be driving traffic directly to that project’s Portal where resources are available. This not only opens the door to new communities, but also past communities we have already announced.
- Creation of tutorial videos will begin in the next few days to help onboard users. These videos will include Block DX setup and trading, as well as standard and advanced wallet functions.
- Blocknet recently attended the E.U. Blockchain Roundtable Event, the Malta Blockchain Summit and Devcon4. As a result of attending these events, many new and exciting potential partnership and business opportunities are being explored.
- Blocknet will be attending North American Blockchain Expo on November the 28th — 29th! Most notably, Arlyn Culwick will be speaking at the event on the subject of “How decentralized APIs will transform the internet” (read more). Come and join the Bocknet team and say “hi” at booth 690 and [share the event on Facebook.(https://www.facebook.com/theblocknet/events/?ref=page_internal)
- Youtuber Cryptocandor has released a new shirt that features Blocknet! Show some support for her work and creativity by picking one up here!
- The next Internet of Blockchains podcast is currently scheduled for December so please stay tuned for more information. You can listen to the previous episodes here.
- A new Blocknet Listing Application Form is now available for new projects! Once a project is confirmed as compatible with the Blocknet Protocol (compatibility check), they fill out the Blocknet Listing Application, and the Coin’s Portal automatically begins setting up and populating their Newsfeed and Block DX instructions.
- Blocknet was featured on the Nodes of Value site with a great deep dive article. Check it out here.
- The documentation portal framework is complete and is being updated with existing documentation. After the portal is launched, the content will be built upon and refined.
- Updates to API documentation have been prepped and are staged for release with the next wallet update.
- Website / API Docs / Discord / Twitter / Medium / Telegram / Reddit / Steemit / Instagram / Newsletter / Facebook / YouTube / DTube / Minds / BitcoinTalk / Proposal Forum / Arlyn's Blog / Block Node Info
- Discord community member @littleeagle has created a bot to track Blocknet and related word mentions across Reddit and BTCTalk. Check it out in the Blocknet Discord #related-mentions channel.
- Member @littleeagle has also created a map of client nodes on the network, which can be seen on his website blockdx.co along with various other features.
For Superblock 648000 there was a total of 445 Service Nodes, requiring a net of at least 46 votes for a proposal to pass. The results are as follows:
hanniabu-648000: 900 BLOCK: 152 / 0. Net: 152. Passed
UAT-QA-Team-648000: 1620 BLOCK: 150 / 0. Net: 150. Passed
Social_Coordinator: 175 BLOCK: 149 / 0. Net: 149. Passed
marketing-cryptoved1: 263 BLOCK: 144 / 1. Net: 143.
Passed shane-648000: 1325 BLOCK: 121 / 24. Net: 97. Passed
infinity7592-nov18: 385 BLOCK: 148 / 0. Net: 148. Passed
michael-648000: 3250 BLOCK: 149 / 0. Net: 149. Passed
ArtDir_808_Nov18: 930 BLOCK: 144 / 1. Net: 143. Passed
xrouterSB648000: 2430 BLOCK: 145 / 0. Net: 145. Passed
The current live (and previous) votes can be viewed on block-node.info or within the Proposals screen of the wallet.
Please note, proposals are being submitted to the forum individually so please make sure you scroll down and take your time to look over each proposal.
An introduction to Superblocks and a guide to submitting and voting for proposals, can be found here. There is also a proposal category in the Blocknet Discord for focused and specific discussion of proposals and ideas. Within this category, there is a channel called #anon-snode-feedback for Service Node owners to provide anonymous feedback on proposals.
For Service Node notifications such as critical updates or voting reminders, join this mailing list. (Separate to the Word on the BLOCK newsletter email list).
- Coin announcements are expect to resume in the next few days. Several coins are prepped and ready to be announced so stay tuned!
- The Blocknet Protocol currently supports 92 blockchains, all of which can be traded on Block DX. A full list of the supported blockchains can be found on the Blocknet's Coin Hub. You can also view the current prices, ranking and market cap of of these assets (including BLOCK) on the same page.
- In addition to this list, there are another 36 blockchains that are unannounced.
- A constantly updated list of compatible blockchains can be found here.
- 130 blockchains are in progress for error resolution + finalization.
- Besides Block DX, BLOCK is also listed on the following exchanges: Bittrex / CryptoBridge / UPbit / CoinSwitch / Cryptopia
Many thanks for reading. We hope that you are as excited as us with what the future holds for Blocknet. A decentralization project fundamentally requires an engaged community, and so if you would like to help with anything, have something to add, use your professional skills or have a problem, we want to know about it.
Please also be aware that a community project is run by a diverse group of people with varying time-constraints (in a number of time-zones) and personal lives, so remember to be kind and patient!
If you want to be the first see these updates, you can receive the newsletters directly to your email by subscribing here. Our next update is due on November 30th. Until then we look forward to hearing from you!
The Blocknet Team.