Sharpay.io Development Update | 2020–05–16
Dear Sharpay Community Members!
Sharpay development update: Changed the client for working with the Ethereum network with Parity to its own light client, added the IP reputation checker, improved the checking mechanism for organic visits, etc.
In the last couple of weeks, we have added different new features to our share buttons and improved our code. We are going to tell you some of the tasks we completed:
1) Changed the client for working with the Ethereum network with Parity to its own light client. We refused the full Ethereum node and switched to a light client based on web3.js.
2) Added the IP reputation checker. When registering visits from different visitors, we record all the IP addresses and evaluate them to prevent cheating. We added an IP reputation checker to help us monitor valid organic visits.
3) Improved the checking mechanism for organic visits. Before, there was a problem for checking the visit when the user disabled tracking cookies in their browser. We reviewed our code for checking visits and improved it.
4) Added font weight selection for animation of the direct share buttons. We added the font weight selection in the direct share buttons. Webmasters are now able to change the font weight of the “share and reward” animation.
5) Added link shorten function in direct sharing. The shorten link function was not included in the field for copying the link in direct sharing. It was always using the full link. We added back the link shorten function in direct sharing.
6) Updated the UI of the visit history page. We combined the waiting status of the reward, replaced the label of conversion award with “Extra reward”, removed the “traffic light” status.
7) Upgraded the Bitly shorten link function. We have migrated to Bitly API V4 for the shorten link function.
8) Checked plugin compatibility with WordPress 5.4. We have checked our Sharpay plugin version on WordPress. Our plugin version is compatible with the latest WordPress 5.4.
In Sharing We Trust!